Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A new start (kind of)

even just going to the gym can be worth it @Gazza75 I think

Even if you don't do much at least you are attending.

I am aiming for twice a week these days. One saturday then one during the weekdays. Atm it is hard as I hate being out not doing something productive.

Sounds alright to Me @MDT .  Maybe take a break from the job apps and watch some more Orville if you haven't finished it already.  I was going to have a look at it as I haven't seen or heard much about it before.  I hope you don't need hospital to.  Fingers crossed we can help you a little bit here or you can get by without it.  

It must be troubling if you can't put your finger on anything to specific.  I'm pretty lucky in that regard.  I've been a little worked up lately with my brothers behaviour.  He always talked about how important family was and now he seems to have disregarded everythng and is to caught up with his own stuff.  My friends think I'm to hard on him after his ordeals, but, I know he'd be tougher on Me.  I wish I could let it all go and move on, but, it still keeps me up at night.  Think I only ended up with 4 hours sleep today which is no good for Me.  Feel like I have ruined my life for nothing.

Wish  I could take time out for a few weeks and try and get myself right, but, I've used all my leave and sick days in the last year trying to be there for my family.

@MDT, your right about the gym.  I attended last night for a while.  I reckon I might have a dance with the old boxing bag at home this arvo for a while.

Anything is good re physical activity @Gazza75

I was going to go today but I got held up with jobs and such. Glad I didn't. I've now got 4 applications in.

Going to take a small break and then do 2 more.

I have them sitting in my bookmarks so I can just go back to them and apply straight away.

Family is difficult I think. There is some weird stuff with my dad that I am still trying to understand and my sister is also very limited in her capacity to do things alone. She has therefore become quite reliant on my mum for validation and support - even though she can do things herself and has proven to herself that this is so. She doubts herself too much, so we have that in common.

For the most part siblings can be our worst enemy or our best friend. Maybe this is a period with your brother where you need distance.

@MDT, I totally agree in regard to the physical activity.  I think if anything its more important if we find ourselves getting in the duldrums, of course that's when its the hardest to find the energy.

Good luck with the rest of the applications.

I think your right about the distance with my brother, we have been that way for well over a year now.  I'm more worried about his lack of interaction socially and with my parents, its like he and his wife are punishing them for what I did.  Self doubt is diffucult to overcome.

hugs my @MDT  HeartHeart

one step at a time my friend xx

@Shaz51 🙂

well done on applying for jobs today @MDT

Thanks mate @outlander
How you going these days?

Hugs to you both @Gazza75 @MDT ❤️❤️

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance