Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

@eth good to see you in live time. Smiley Happy

Sounds good to get some brakes on after big days. One thing I've been thinking about lately with my NDIS recovery journey is how I will need to explain to my support worker about my capacity to become obsessed and increasingly excitable about 'projects' I work on. This includes my own steps in rehabilitation.

I think this week there have only been visits to see our friend. There may be more we did but my short term memory is bad for remembering sometimes even the days of the week! Smiley LOL

Yeah I'm a bit like that too @Mazarita  but am able to remind myself because I have been doing very mundane journalling over my day every day since March last year.  But often when I'm out e.g. with bro and sil, they'll ask me what I've been doing and I can't remember much at all.  Despite being quite busy most of the time!  But once again this week one of my supports has become unwell so no support to go out since Thursday and until Tuesday.  It's frustrating but I don't want to hire one more sw until after the writing gig finishes.  It takes at least a couple of weeks to advertise a job on Hireup and then screen all the applicants and bring it down to a few meet 'n' greets then a couple of buddy shifts before I decide on someone.  But it's much better for me than going thru' a major organisation that only gives you someone at times that fit their roster.  This way the sw's choose their own availability and I choose when I want someone.

I do have one more poem I want to type up but can be here for about 1/2 an hour.  What do you have on today? Or is it a rest day?

Perhaps you could say you become OCD and accelerated and elevated when working on new projects @Mazarita .  But you could also say you sometimes need more time to yourself and at other times need to get out (with support) in the community for inspiration.  And you could also say the impact it can have on your sleep, which then impacts on your bipolar hypomania.

@eth I am currently exploring NDIS support co-ordination and have a few recommendations of possible from my old Phams support worker (hopefully my NDIS support worker soon too). I am hoping for someone independent and not part of an organisation, but only one out of the three people she has recommended are fully independent. Still a fair bit of time to do some more research about this before the actual support for me starts to happen.

I am excited for you about the writing retreat!

@Mazarita  I totes support having an independent operator as your CoS.  Mine is fabulous, but only works in this area.  Does your friend have one?  Are they happy with them?  Mine was recommended to me by 3 different people so I decided to ask him and have been very impressed by his efficiency and thoroughness.  I far cry from the one I had from Flourish who was allocated to me at the start of my plan.  I didn't know I had the right to choose one for myself.  I'm pretty sure somewhere on the NDIS website is a document listing service providers area by area.  Sorry don't have time to find it for you.

Yes now that we've confirmed which days we can do - Tues and Fri - we are getting excited too.  Still don't know which week it will start but sometime in April and then for 4 weeks.  I really want to put the NDIS stuff to bed for that time and immerse myself in the lifestyle of a writer for that month (as my CoS worded it).

@eth I have really slowed down and relaxed a lot more into the NDIS process at this point. I believe whatever people I find at this start of my journey with NDIS will be helpful to some extent even if not to the max. The way I access support can be changed as I go along. Pre-planning meeting is on 17 March. I have actually been looking for support co-ordinators for my friend too. After thinking about it all, she has decided to go with the organisation who applied and succeeded in getting her the NDIS. 

Yay for being immersed in the writers life! Smiley Very Happy

That's so true and a good attitude @Mazarita 

Speaking of the writers' life, I need to go now.  Lovely to catch you briefly xoxo

@eth you too. Enjoy your slice of immersion in the writers life today. Heart

Hi @Mazarita  and anyone else reading this today.  I'll be around for a bit if anyone feels like a chat.

@Shaz51 @Appleblossom @Emelia8 @Adge @greenpea @frog @Judi9877 @Maggie @CheerBear @Faith-and-Hope @Meowmy @Zoe7 @TAB @Exoplanet @outlander @Angels333 @MDT   thanks for recent mentions to those of you who have.  I do feel somewhat disconnected from the forums these days and it's always nice to see what's been happening for others and support when possible.

sorry, am anything but chatty today @eth , have a look around maybe ?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance