Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

Eaxh to their own hey @greenpea We all have our own ways of clearing the mind and getting through the day. You have your walk and I have Toby cuddles. Speaking of which - should feed my babies soon - it is a bit early so they can wait a little longer and I am happy snuggled into the doona keeping warm for now.

Do you have much on for today?

@Zoe7  Will head up the road to cafe with daughter. Have an awful meeting with ndis at the end of the week which I don't feel I am up for. I want to curl up into bed with the covers over my head. So over it. I think it is purposely done so that you are so beaten up by the system you just give up and accept whatever they dish out for you. Anyway it is what it is I will see how I feel come Thursday.

From everything that I have heard about the system it really seems to be hard to navigate @greenpea It certainly doesn't make help for those that really need it easy. I feel for you Hon and hope it goes okay for you. I know it is hard not to get really anxious about it but there is nothing more you can do until you get there and then tsckle whatever comes. I think I have lernt a lot better ways to deal with upcoming things that I used to and part of that is taken each day as it comes and getting through one day at a time. After all that is all we can really do.

@Zoe7  You are right I shouldn't stress about stuff that hasn't happened yet. It is hard though but I will take your advice on board funnily enough it is always what my mother says and she is very wise as times 🙂

I know it is easier said than done @greenpea and it has taken me a lot of time and practice to be able to do that with some things. Your mum is indeed a wise woman - we can only control what we do and all those things external to us are in others' hands - those are things we have to tackle as we come across them as we have no idea how others will behave or think. ...and when it comes to the NDIS I suspect that is very much the case for you. I do hope it is an easier meeting than you anticipate and everything works out for you Hon Heart

PS: the up side of me being up so early these last few days is that I have got to interact with you - and that makes it worthwhile - silver linings hey!

@Zoe7  Thanks Zoe7 you are such a kind and lovely person :):)xxx

awww little pea - I fee exactly the same about you @greenpea 😍💐

Do you have plans for Easter?

@Zoe7  yes son2 will be going out with carer on Saturday which is great for him and daughter and me (otherwise it will be a loooonnnngggg weekend lol). I have my ex coming up on his motorbike for a visit so hopefully he will take me out for a ride which would be great. I do love having a pillion ride up the freeway.  Gets the cob webs out of the pea's mind and resets it :). I have bought many eggs for son2 to find on Friday as even though he is 24 he still loves looking for eggs (he is such a funny guy) :).

I won't be travelling anywhere so to speak as the traffic is always so awful and just stresses the pea out>

Have you got anything planned?

That all sounds like a wonderful Easter for you @greenpea I love that son2 still loves the easter egg hunt - it brings just a little bit of magic to the time Smiley Happy

I hope you get your ride with your ex in as well. I am not big on motor bikes - had a friend who died on one and never really got over that.I would much rather be safe in a car but I get the freedom that comes with riding a bike and appreciate it is something that many people love.

No set plans for Easter. The family will most likely have lunch together on Sunday but that also depends if my parents have any horses rcing on that day. I don't keep up with that area of their lives - hate horse racing which makes it very difficult when that is all they want to talk about most times we are together.

@Zoe7  I better go an hang out the washing and do the washing up etc. great talking with you Zoe7. I will be around at Easter so hopefully we will be able to catch up during that time :). Have a wonderful day. Love greenpea xxxx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance