Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

There are side effects with most meds @Shaz51 - sometimes they affect some more than others - it does depend on the individual. I have certainly had my share of side effects and although the meds I am on now have more minor side effects it took my body some time to get used to them also. We did change one med that had the side effect of weight gain but it was also leaving me too tired to function - think the balance of meds is so much better now.

@Shaz51 @Mazarita @Zoe7 @outlander

@eth

Hello All.

I am very tired.  Meds kicked in.  It has been a long and beautiful day. We were with beautiful people and the sun was shining.  Life feels like it has a chance now that heavy matters have been dealt with.

Love to you All

Heart

So lovely to hear that you have had such a wonderful day @Appleblossom and I hope you sleep well Heart

Greetings from the middle of the night, everyone. It's that peaceful and still time that I love so much, about 2.15am as I start this long post. Good time to catch up on messages here over the past 24 hours or so.

Have had about three hours sleep so far tonight after a very big day. We did end up travelling to the country town about 45 minutes from here, to visit our friend, and to film him performing some of his stuff for a video I'm making. All went well. I was very tired when we got home, but excited about the new project, and so spent some hours in the evening working with the footage in the editing software. Heaps more work to go but off to a good start with it.

@CheerBear, how was your yesterday? Hoping the things that were going to happen all at once sorted themselves out okay, and that there wasn't too much stress involved. Really curious to hear how your reunion with old friend went. Love your description of your snobby, smooshy cat. 

@greenpea, thanks for your good feelings about the results of my cardio test. I was smiling all the way home. How have things been for you lately? I read a 'worry room' post by you a couple of days ago and really felt for what you were saying about your first son. Big hugs for you and him both. Hope you have been enjoying your daytime kips, and that qui gong and other activities are continuing to bring you peace of mind and wellbeing.

@Shaz51, thanks to you too for thinking of me with my heart scare. Glad to read that you were home on Saturday morning. I don't know if you've heard of this saying, but my mum describes doing little things around the house like you were describing, as 'pottering', and she loves it too. May there be many more enjoyable Saturday mornings like this for you at home in the future as well.

Did you have cats at other times in your life? I love cats and miss them from mine at this time. I've mostly only had 'visiting cats' that have lived in the neighbourhoods I've been in at the time. Some of them have taken a shine to me and become regular drop-ins where I've lived, very welcome companions.

These days the closest I come to having pets are the currawongs that land close to me on the dividing wall of our courtyard. Yesterday there were a bunch of them, where previously there were only a couple. I realised they have started a currawong family living in the trees at our fenceline now! The babies were making funny cheeping sounds.

Awesome news about Mr Shaz enjoying being out much longer lately. Makes for a more interesting time of things for you too.

@Zoe7, hope your planning and organisation tasks yesterday and last night went well, and that your day coming is relaxing and enjoyable. You are lucky having both Toby and cats. I'm not much good at looking after animals, or people, or even me in many ways, so it's probably best that I don't have pets, or children for that matter! Great to read that you are having a better time of things with your current meds. Happy to see you in this discussion thread more lately. 

@eth, reading your 'snap, snap, snap' made me smile. 

Sorry your support worker cancelled at short notice on the day you had the dentist. That seems pretty poor form really, though I suppose when they are sick they can't help it. But it does really leave you in the lurch and I wish they had some backup plans when things like that happen. They are supporting people who are really depending on them for crucial functioning. Very glad bro was able to step up and help out.

I'm excited for you with the developments in travel support. I find being on the buses a really good outing these days, though I found them so hard to come at and get my head around in the beginning of the slow rehabilitation process I've been through over recent years. Looking forward to hearing more about your progress and growing confidence.

I'm personally thinking now that my chest pain may have been related to the bad stress and anxiety I went through over the commissioned video I eventually pulled out of. The pain started happening about a week after that, which might have been a delayed response. Or something. Haven't had it back lately. So seems mostly like a false alarm, but glad my GP took it seriously. Better safe than sorry when it comes to potential heart attack.

Great about your 4 hour block of sleep last night, and that there was also breakthrough with the crowd at the art exhibition. Woohoo on your new teeth!

@outlander, thanks for the reassurance on the lack of fitness pointed out by the cardiologist on Friday. Yes, let's try to somehow encourage each other with that. Really hoping the GP might have something to suggest in regards the medications and your worried mind. I wish you had a psychiatrist really, as they are likely to have more detailed understandings of how these things might be helped. But I sense that there is a scarcity of practitioners where you are. Fingers crossed the GP can help. In the meantime, hugs for what you have been experiencing. At the least I hope you can take some comfort from sharing about it on the forum, where we get it, and are always supporting you in spirit.

@Appleblossom, how wonderful that you had a long and beautiful day. Beautiful people and sunshine sounds so lovely. So good to hear that the the heavy matters are mostly now dealt with, though I know there are always things to tackle for you and son. It seems to me that you have dealt with the difficult legal processes so well (and so quietly on the forum really). Very pleased there is now some redress coming your way.

@Exoplanet, sending love always to you. Hoping the weather is treating you as kindly as possible. How are you going on your virtual deserted island? Wish I could give your velvety head a pat!

Well, I suppose I should go back to bed now. I've been writing this post for about 45 minutes! But not quite ready to do that yet. By now, and with daylight savings, it might be getting to the time CB sometimes comes online for a chat. So will wander off and get myself a drink, go outside and check out the late night sky for a bit, and come back and see if anyone's around. 

Hope most if not all are sleeping peacefully as I write. Sending good vibes to your dreaming this night. Heart

Good morning @Mazarita and anyone else who may be up too. Love your long, th pi thoughtful posts. When I've decided sleep is no longer happening for the night, I come and visit this thread to see if there is one here. I was here just as you pushed post it seems 🙂

Good to hear yesterday went well and that you are excited about this next project. Dud you stay for dinner there as I think you mentioned you might the other day?

I juggled well and had a pretty good day yesterday thanks. Friend wasn't there as she was sick, but her husband was and he remembered us. He gave me a huge hug and we caught up for about an hour. He told me that he was someone who left his life as a young person, in the tiny hours one night when his mum fled family violence. He said it was the best thing that happened to him, even if it was hard for a while, and that he thinks the world of his mum. Then he said a bunch of stuff about what he thought of us doing a similar thing. I felt full of feelings and it was a very heart healing catch up.

How's the sky looking this morning?

@CheerBear, great timing. Woman Happy

You seem to be very good at juggling, though I know what a struggle it can be for you too. Glad it worked out okay with things yesterday. So wonderful to read about your encounter with your friend's husband. Hugs and deep and meaningful sharing can be so healing. I'm sure it was very heartening to hear about his early life experiences and how much he thinks of his mum. 

We didn't stay for dinner on our visit yesterday, though our friend invited us to do that. C was a bit hungover from his Friday night drinks, and also felt a bit viral from something he picked up at work. Childcare centres are breeding grounds for that kind of thing, and he suffers from malaises with it regularly. Luckily it seems he has built up some kind of immunity, as he used to suffer a lot more from the bugs. It's consistently been the worst thing about his job, which otherwise has many rewards, especially interracting with the children. That makes up a lot, I think, for the lack of children of his own.

The sky is dark and the stars lovely to look at. How are things where you are? I'm imagining you might still be in bed with smooshy cat.

It was a pretty special catch up @Mazarita, and one I won't forget for a while. It felt like hope. It was hard in that it brought up lots of memories of when we left, even though we didn't really talk about it, and I miss everyone so much still, but it was so good in lots of ways. After that we (big and I) went to do a couple of hours at a bbq fundraiser which was really fun. We had a funny teacher and middles favourite friends mum there helping at the same time. Some good chatter and laughing 🙂

Can imagine the things C might pick up working where he does. My kids used to come home with all kinds of things from being in pre-school rooms. It's great that the rewards for the work make it worth it though. Teachers and people who work in classes/looking after children are pretty special people. I think he'd have to be pretty kind and patient to do that.

We have dark skies still and twinkling stars. The sky is halved by a thick blanket of cloud on one side.

How's today looking for you?

@CheerBear, sounds like a very special encounter you had. I know from experience that deeply emotional and moving experiences like that can be good and bad in different ways. These days I prefer them not too often, so that there's time to process what has happened, and find balance again. But overall it sounds very healing. Great to hear you had some lighter chatter and laughter later too.

C is very kind and patient. He's been amazingly patient with me. I love too how he is happy to drive and be helpful in whatever way is useful on a day like yesterday. He makes videos too, so it would be easy for him to be ego-challenged by me taking the director's role with his camera! But he's just not like that. I wouldn't be able to do what I do creatively without his regular backup in various ways. As I often say, I am very lucky to have found such a good friend and companion.

Today I will be getting into more of the video editing. Hoping to visit our close friend who lives nearby sometime too. Other than that, a quiet day.

What's on the cards for your day?

Love hearing about C and the relationship you have @Mazarita. So great for you that you have him in your life, though I have a feeling you'd be a pretty great C for him too.

Thinking it may be nice to have a home-ish day or one that will be a pace that suits you by the sound of it, after going out the last few.

Not much on today as it will be a getting ready for the week kind of one. I am feeling a bit blegh at the idea of the coming week and need some space to get ready, even if it is just mentally. We have the start of muddled middles appointments this week and I have my NDIS planning meeting, plus person will be needing to get ready for other to be discharged. That's a big stress one as they're not sure how they're going to manage, both in a practical sense (stairs, shower, appointments, finances etc.) and in an emotional sense. It's like it wiil be crunch time for a lot all at once this next week I think

It does sound like a big week, @CheerBear, and mentally preparing for it seems wise, even if there's nothing practical to be done just yet. Seems a good thing that middle's appointments start this week, though I realise too how challenging that might be for you both. Good that things might be at the beginning of movement towards healing with their problems. Wishing you both the smoothest experience with it possible.

Feeling too for your loved one needing to come to terms with how to look after their partner after hospital and rehab. How are the support possibilities for them both progressing? Seems like they will both need that, and that it would make their whole experience more livable.

Thanks for your kind thought about me being a good C to him. I'm not too bad for him on the whole these days, always working towards being more and more independent of my need for him to care for me. I've made a lot of slow progress in this way over recent years, but still room for improvement. The day I cook a meal for him that is more than toasties will be a very large step! I do think his life is better now than when he was alone and talking to himself a lot, not to mention living so much more in his own wild and crazy mind. Yes, I am good for him, though I've given him a very hard ride of it at times past. Very thankful he's stuck with me through thick and thin and we are now both reaping the rewards of a long and close experience and knowledge of each other.

I want to tell you about another new video project that's just starting up for me, but I want to press post on this one first so you don't have to wait forever for my reply to your previous post! Smiley Tongue

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance