Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

Pin on Lilo stitch

Hi @octavia @asdf @Adge @Shaz51   hope today is starting more gently for you all.

Hearing you @octavia  - it's no wonder things have worn you down with all that's happened the last couple of weeks.  Crying a lot is no surprise, at least you are in touch with your own feelings again - it can be healthy to cry for a time - I always say "good weep > good sleep".   But there comes a time where some self-care can help you get more balanced again.

@octavia  and @asdf   there are some threads where lots of different self-care activities are discussed - one is Re: what’s in your tool box ?  another is Coping Box  you can get some ideas there about passing the time whether feeling down or feeling elevated.  I say passing the time because even that is a real achievement when we're having a rough day.  They say 'one day at a time' but for me sometimes it's 10 minutes at a time, baby steps and remember to breathe (long, deep and slow).

@Adge  love your memes again - they say a lot even when you don't.   It'd be nice to catch up sometime soon if you feel like it xx

Sending warm wishes to all here.  Take care xx

Good morning @Shaz51 and may your
day be a good one. Best wishes Bimby2.

Good morning @octavia and may your
day go well. Bimby2.

hey hello and hugs my @Bimby2 Heart

Hello @Bimby2 , @Mazarita , @eth , @Adge , @asdf  xxxx

Good morning @Shaz51 @Bimby2 @Adge @asdf  and all others here today.  Hoping it is starting peacefully, that you feel refreshed from good rest, and that things go according to plan.

Hello also to @CheerBear @Zoe7 @outlander @Faith-and-Hope @frog @Teej @Maggie @Former-Member @Scarecrowe @Snowie @Sans911 @Gazza75 @Molliex @TAB @MDT @Exoplanet @Appleblossom @Lauz @nashy @s-jay 

Sitting with all who want some company and sending hugs to those who would like them.  

Yesterday I had a really good meeting with my peer mentor that my support worker took me too.  pm had asked to see my WRAP (wellness recovery action plan) so I spent a few hours updating it yesterday morning and typing it up.  It was really good to revisit things like my wellness toolbox, plans for when things are changing, crisis plan, etc  I've had mine since 2013 and it had scribble and whiteout all over it from times I've updated it over the years - was a mess.  Now I've turned it into a computer document it will be much easier to update and also I'll be able to send it to people when I want to.  Bro and sil had asked me to do this over 2 years ago so it's quite an achievement for me to finally have the computer skills to do it.

The meeting was so good.  Getting to know each other better and finding just how much common ground we have, but also appreciating that we bring different skills and experience to the table.  She is so encouraging.  Asked me about plans for the next few years and then what my dreams are if anything was possible and money wasn't an issue.  I realized that as much as I've progressed a lot over the last 2 1/2 years (since moving here and having real support), I am still basically surviving, not thriving yet - and I hardly know how to even have dreams.  Lots for me to think about.  We also talked about me wanting to work at some point in the future and what I see myself doing (even if it's voluntary). She is going to do my resume with me and said we will make it look beautiful!  She also said she can see me as a workshop facilitator and presenter - which might be a good way for me to peer mentor - for which there is training available through the community disability alliance she is employed by, and paid work after doing the training ... so overall I came away from the meeting with a lovely feeling of hope about my future and that's so rare and precious.  I want to hang onto it.

Have 2 sessions with support workers today - grocery shopping in the morning and then water tai chi in the afternoon.  Should be back for the feast tonight.

Take care all, I care xx

I loved this update @eth. It was absolutely brimming with positivity. I'm so happy for your progress 💚🌻

Thanks @Molliex  How's your day looking?

I'm not doing so well at the moment @eth . My SH is very bad, the meds just aren't right. I have hayfever quite badly today, thanks to all the jasmine everywhere! But on the positive side I am at work, it's Friday, and I have some nice things planned this weekend. I hope you have a great day ❤️

Former-Member
Not applicable

There are so many positives in this post of yours @eth  ... very uplifting, so thank you for sharing.

Sherry 😊🌹

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance