Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Re:@ A long rave

I hope you are discharged tomorrow @Adge and you make it to your appointment - then Friday is PARTY DAY - yea Smiley Very Happy

Hi @Appleblossom I can't eat cheese but I have never been a big cheese lover anyway so I don't feel like I am missing out on anything. I much prefer carrots as a snack lol - if I have carrots in the fridge then the world seems a little easier Smiley Tongue

@Adge  I really admire your positivity Adge. You go finch! xxxx

Oh Gee @greenpea Thanks.

I'm Blushing Now...

My pain level is fairly low now.

It's the sense of total isolation in hospital that has really been getting me down. 

Text messages & forum posting (plus a phone call to Mum) - is the only meaningful contacts that I've had, over the past 8 days in hospital.

None of that contact is face to face.

At home I have my cat to pat, my birds to tweet to, & my computer to look stuff up on.

Adge

@Adge  you are doing so well one more sleep then home you go. I will cross my fingers and my toes 🙂

Are you a pizza lover? You could order in pizza on your first night with dessert 😛 or maybe home delivery indian or chinese? whatever you do spoil yourself rotten 🙂

Pizza, Indian, Chinese - I will happily have the whole lot @greenpea

I've promised my neighbour to shout her fish & chips - for checking on my cat & birds whilst I was in hospital.

I have to go & beg her for my meals back though.

She took all my frozen meals  (7) to her house - because she didn't want to take them inside my house for me.

Those meals are for me to start eating as soon as I get home.

Adge

@Adge  LMAO! I am sure she wont be tempted to eat your meals .... well let's hope not 😮

What no sleep?

Yep, that's me every night in hospital  (past 8 days).

I was always wide awake, when the night nurse came in to check on me - at 12.00 midnight, 2.00am, 4.00am etc.

I gave up trying to sleep at 4.00am this morning - got up & had a shower instead.

Showering is so much nicer than Bedbaths.

I had to have Bedbaths until yesterday  (for 7 days).

Because with IV drip lines, attached machines, catheter, & naso-gastric tube - a shower would be impossible.

As soon as they disconnected the machines & tubes - I was finally FREE....

Then they went & connected me to the wound Suction Pump instead  (for the next 2 weeks).

Adge

Hello Everyone 🙂 

I'm really trying to talk myself into going for a camp trip to the beach. I'd have to book for the 18-21, a 4 for 3 deal, stay 4 nights & pay for 3. The weather site I use is predicting possible showers & even thunder storms every one of those days! The positive side of me thinks 'well, they say a change is as good as a holiday, so a change during a holiday would have to be even better. Rain every day . . . storms . . . that would be quite the change!'; the realistic side of me says ' you'd be travelling at least 10hrs all up & paying $100 for the site - just to sleep outside in the rain, what if there's strong winds - it could cost you expensive camp gear - your solar panel might not have a chance - you've checked the site maps & google maps satelite view & it looks like people are camping on top of each other, it could be an expensive disaster!' But the positive side kicks back in again & thinks 'well, it would be an experience . . .something different'.  Even my realistic side, that tends to be a bit negitive, thinks 'you don't know how long you've got left to experience anything, good, bad or indifferent; you ought to give it a go'. This camp site has a dog-friendly, off-lead beach, right in front of it . . . I think I'm tending towards doing it 😉

Love to all that need or want itHeart

@greenpea 's right

Smiley Happy

@Adge  You go finchy!

Smiley Happy

Ahemmm when you can ...

Smiley Happy

@Exoplanet 

Wet camping can have its plus side if you are prepared, its just the stormy stuff that might not make it a good deal.  Try and pick your days wisely.

Love ya 

Heart

These Boots are Made For Walking.

That's just what they'll do.

One of these days these Boots are Gonna Walk all over (the Baddies)....

Finchy's Got his Marching Orders!

Going Home!

Woo Hoo!

About Time Too.

Sadly always at a cost.

My neighbor forgot water for my canary cage  (inside) - so my favourite 2 canaries are dead.

Sadly this has happened every time that I've had to go to hospital for surgery.

Adge

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance