Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A Long Rave

Good morning everyone  @Mazarita @CheerBear @greenpea @frog @Faith-and-Hope @Sophia1 @outlander @Shaz51 @Exoplanet @PeppiPatty @Appleblossom @Teej @TAB @saturnzoon  and anyone else here.  A glorious morning here outside.  Sunny and clear and not as cold.  I think we're forecast to have warmth today and then another cold spell over the weekend.

Looking forward to a relaxed day with no particular plans except cooking tonight.  I need it after 5 appointments in 3 days.

@Sophia1  your new birdy treed neighbourhood sounds pleasant.  A shebah ride is like uber but they have only female drivers for only women and children passengers.  I wouldn't be able to get out if I had male drivers who I didn't know.  Glad to hear your back is slowly improving.  Physio was really good yesterday and I had a lot less pain by mid afternoon, mild pain again this morn but it's really quite a lot better.  She has given me stretches to do and instructions on rolling with a tennis ball under my buttocks.  And she excluded nerve and bone and disk possibilities which I was concerned about.  I took my xrays from the day before with me so that helped.

@Exoplanet here's hoping today is as peaceful for you as yesterday was.

@CheerBear glad to hear your friend pulled through the surgery safely.  Hoping you have more good news today and get a chance to do something nice with your kiddles.

No further news from the kidults about baby yet.  Last Friday it was a false start so we're all expecting the real thing any hour.  Had a lovely phone call from son-in-law on Tues afternoon and he said my plan to go down with sil's mum (Road Trip!!!!!) 3rd week of October and stay in a motel is excellent.  Really put my mind at ease.

@Mazarita I love the picture you posted.  A glorious sunrise over water - one of my favourite ways to start a day. Hope today is gentle for you and you achieve any goals you may have.

Have a cruisy morning all Heart

Hello Everyone 🙂

Today's the day we go back into the forest! The puppies will be so excited . . . I'm so excited 🙂 It's now been a full month since the last bait was laid, I guess it's never entirely safe out there & I wonder whether less dogs means more pigs, or whether the pigs eat the baits too . . . I'm guessing they do. I've never seen wild/feral dogs out there, pigs on the other hand are pretty common. I hope the Emu's don't eat the baits? From what I've read, I think the way it was put was the poison will leech into the ground if it rains - it has rained in the last month, maybe twice - so I guess that makes it twice as safe? 

Love to all that need or want it Heart

@Mazarita @eth @CheerBear @outlander @greenpea @Appleblossom @Teej

Hi @greenpea I hope your appointments went well yesterday.  How is today so far?

@Exoplanet nice to hear you can get into your local forest today at last.  Your dogs are bound to love it.  

@eth Hi eth the appointments went well. I saw my daughter off and OMG! the private hospitals are another world compared to the public .... her room is like a hotel room.... I will have a hard time getting her back :D. The nurses seem less stressed too ....  everything is calmer and more 'pea'ceful. I am off to see my psychologist today which I am looking forward too and to do lots of exercise :D:D.

How did you go? What was the verdict on the x rays? 

That's wonderful news about the place your daughter's at @greenpea It must be a load off your mind.  
Good luck with your plans for today.

xray of pelvis was all clear.  xray of foot showed only stuff I was already aware of (bunion growing and affecting big and 2nd toe joints).  

Have to go back to physio next week ($90-$100 a pop) and also have to see a podiatrist which will cost even more.  I'm paying out of pocket the whole amount as I've already used my allied health entitlement under the care plan for the year and won't be eligible for any medicare rebate again til next year.  Don't have private health insurance.

@eth  Sorry to hear about the physio and podiatrist, physio and podiatrist cost the earth. I remember from my running days. I have hospital cover which covers psych just incase ....it is so expensive but I figure it is worth it if I can try and afford it.

Definitely worth it if you can afford it @greenpea.  I can't afford it when my meds alone cost 1/4+ of my DSP.  My budget for all other needs comes to about $30 more than my total income.

@eth yes I would be in the same boat if I didn't count my son's dsp and my carer's allowance in together to buy necessities plus my ex contributing to son's care. It is a juggling act. I don't know how people survive on NewStart that is even worse.

oh that is a beautiful view to share @Mazarita

I have always loved being on the beach and watching the ocean waves lapping...building and breaking..

sunset is a special time with nature...very calming...

have you been able to manage any beach walks yet?

good morning all

@Mazarita@greenpea@eth@Exoplanet@CheerBear@saturnzoon@outlander

Reading through all of your messages I sense some relief...lighter moments...plans....strategies....hope...

lovely to read and inspiring at the same time..

I am up and down...very aware how much pressure has been on me also...along with yourselves..

am practising acknowledging the load and if needing rest..allowing some rest...telling off negative talking....not allowing self sabotaging thoughts...

gardening is my go to inspiration at the moment...

cooking is being revived...

that means shopping...not up to going to shops yet...meet too many people that I know and not up to chat for the sake of it...

sound like a miserable old bag I know....oops self negative sabotaging thoughts...

before this turns into yet another epic response..

big heartfelt wishes for you all...you all deserve them

Sophia

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance