Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A Life of Trauma and Tragedy (Possibly Triggering Content)

I think anyone would be forgetting little things going through what you are (((((@Emelia8 ))))) even without the little pills 🤗 Ha, now you'll be more like the rest of it lol. Hope today is ok, you're nearly the 💙
🎖🎖🎖🎖🎖🎖

I am hoping that you were able to touch base this morning about your cough? Also hoping that you are back in your room, resting. Thinking of you @Emelia8 🤗💞

Are you ok @Emelia8 ?

👀👂🤞🙏💞

Yes Im okay thanks @Anastasia 🌺

Had a bit of a mini panic attack while waiting for radiation, but turned out okay. Talk later. Just had bite to eat and need a sleep now. Thanks for checking. 💞

@Anastasia @Snowie @WIP @Former-Member @Eve7 

thanks for your messages this morning. 💖

Yes @Anastasia I am okay now. 😄

Although I got myself into a bit of a panic at radiation this morning.

When you first get there, you are in the main waiting room with lots of others. Then one of the radiation therapists will come out and collect you and take you into an internal section. There are change rooms there where you get changed into your glamorous gown 👗 Then you come out and sit on a chair and wait for your turn. Usually pretty quick once you are there. You can see the 2 radiation theatres in front of you. With all the big red/green/orange lights indicating when the radiation beams in both rooms are on/off or ready.

You can also see the safe area where the techs go to for safety reasons while the radiation is on.

Room 2 is my room. I spotted the female tech Ive had all this week, and was happy to see her. But then I noticed that her offsider was the male tech I had last Thursday!  All sorts of thoughts went through my head. Hadnt the nurse told them? What should I do?  I felt myself go rigid and I started to shake badly, tears started running down my face and I was having trouble breathing.

Soon one of the female therapists who had been operating in Room 1 came over to me and asked if I was okay. I tearily said yes. She introduced herself as Sumi, said she would be attending to me today, and that they were ready for me. Phew ... I was so relieved.

So it all went okay after that.  The other female therapist asked if I still had the dry cough and tightness in the chest. Which I do. They did xrays today and will check to see if there are any changes. What they are checking for is any sign of lung inflamation as a result of the radiation. It can be easily treated apparently. But if left untreated it can lead to lung fibrosis, which is serious and not reversible. So fingers crossed its just an annoying cough, and nothing more.

I noticed as I left, that the male therapist was in the safe room. Waiting for the next patient I guess. And Sumi went back to the other room. 

They have made an appointment for me to see a radiation nurse next Monday. I will be able to discuss xray results and any other side effects with her. 

I came back to my room from  radiation with a real cracker of a headache. So I took a couple of headache pills with a bite to eat for lunch. Then lay down and dozed for a couple of hours. Couldnt sleep today, my mind just wouldnt shut down long enough to permit that. Thankfully the headache has eased, though its not gone.

Another session in the morning, which will be the half way mark for me. Then back home for the weekend.

How was your work day @Anastasia ?

Hope you are doing okay @Former-Member @WIP @Snowie @Eve7 

Hi @outlander @Sans911 @Shaz51 @Clawde @eth @NatureLover @Faith-and-Hope @BlueBay @Owlunar @Bow and others. 

Emelia 💞

@Emelia8 glad you had female nurses today. They must have listened to your concerns the other day.

Hoping your night goes well and that tomorrow goes ok too hun.

💜💜

I'm sorry it's been a difficult day @Emelia8 

I'm glad they are checking on the cough. Thinking of you sweets. 

My day has been emotionally draining and I must be feeling sorry for myself cause when the customer service 🤬 offered to help the others cause she had nothing to do it really rubbed me up the wrong way. I'm about to feed the family then I'm going to soak in the bath and disappear to another place with music and oils. 

Your face mask this morning sounded nice, I saw Jess on Celwbrity with one, they are funny but I'm sure they make you feel new again. Thank you for brekkie and letting me tag along for the day.

Hi all 👋👋

@Snowie @Former-Member @WIP @WIP @Eve7 

Good idea @Anastasia ... a bit of self soothing is definitely in order for you right now. And I'm not at all surprised that you may be feeling a little sorry for yourself. Enjoy the soak in the bath followed by quiet music and soothing oils. 

Whats for your family dinner tonight? I had a nice cheese and tomato toastie, using the big sandwich toaster press thing in the common room. Once again, there was nobody else there. 

Family pizza night for you tomorrow. Can I put my order in now?  Anything is good, but please ... no anchovies or olives.

Thanks @Snowie 😄🌷

Emelia 💞

@Emelia8  ❤️

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance