Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Our stories

Re: A Life of Trauma and Tragedy (Possibly Triggering Content)

Hope so sweetie xxx

@Emelia8 

@Emelia8 

Hi Em - we only have to write what we are up to here - and seeing your surgeon today is a huge deal - I hope - aw - what can I say - I would like to say I will be with you in spirit - a little owl on your shoulder while you go in their - a rather battered owl as you know but there for you anyway

I am so amazed that you cope with so much - with so little support - I hope you have been able to get onto your brother about your health - and I am getting my feathers tidied to sit on your shoulder - sorting out the bandages - I am not the one in the spot-light today - it's your turn

And I do care so much - and there is so little to say - I wish I could carry your bag and get you a coffee or tea if you prefer - run about and pick up and deal with some things - we all do I guess - 

Sending my best thoughts

Dec

Thinking of you dear @Emelia8 β€οΈβ£οΈπŸ’ž

Dear Em,

Wanted to let you know I see you. I'll be there with you in spirit tomorrow sweetheart. @Emelia8 

Sending you love and hugs πŸ’žπŸ’žπŸ’ž

Thank you @Anastasia  πŸ˜” πŸ’ž

Im sure I will be fine. πŸ‘

The breastcare nurse is going to call me sometime before my scan.

I feel weak and stupid for feeling like I do and for being so scared. I really dont deserve the support you and the others offer me. I want it, I need it ... but am unsure quite how to accept it. Does that make any sense at all? Or am I going totally around the bend. 

I think I need sleep. Thank you @Anastasia  and everyone else.

I will try to respond to all your messages over coming day or two. And provide a bit of an uodate. Should know more by weeks end.

Good night. πŸ˜΄πŸ’—

Em 🐢🌸

Yes it makes sense hunny. 

You are deserving. I hope you get some sleep now sweetie. Love you Em πŸ’žβ£οΈβ€οΈ 

@Emelia8 xxx

@Emelia8 πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•

You are neither weak or stupid @Emelia8 but it's understandable you feel that way. You've always been so strong, and now this news has brought you to your knees. You should be able to cope right? Buts
that's BS, and we can't always know how we'll respond to devastating news. Some of us will deny, deny and deny but the evidence will not go away.

Or we can tackle it head on, which you are doing. But it's scary as heck right? Like the worst fire-breathing dragon we know. Yet we stand in front of the fire frozen in fear. You're going to need every ounce of strength you've ever known.

And fighting this beast is exhausting. So you'll need to take breaks, collapse into the arms and strengths of friend who can support and restore us.

And who decides who's worthy and deserving of that support? Does it really matter, and perhaps we should shake off our doubts and thoughts, and just accept. Just be.

πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–

Sitting with you today @Emelia8 my beautiful friend.

You certainly deserve every bit of support on offer and more because you are valuable.

πŸ’™πŸ¦‹πŸ’™

Dear @Emelia8 ,

you are not weak and stupid, you are human.  I hope today goes ok and all are supportive and informative.  Which I am sure they will be.  Thinking of you

peri

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance