Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Gothgirl
Casual Contributor

I am a sufferer of auditory & visual hallucinations & bad voices

hi,

I have been having bad voices that tell me to self harm, tonight is no different.

10 REPLIES 10

Re: I am a sufferer of auditory & visual hallucinations & bad voices

Hi @Gothgirl

Hearing bad voices and having hallucinations can be distressing. Sounds like you've had this for sometime. What are some helpful strategies that you use to cope?

You might find this coping box useful. It was started by @Crazy_Bug_Lady to help her cope with thoughts of self-harm.

Do you have support (counsellor, doctors)? I'm glad that you're on here tonight. You don't need to go through this alone.

If you're feeling like you might harm yourself tonight please don't hesitate to contact:

Lifeline 13 11 14
Suicide call back service: 1300 659 467
If in immediate danger: 000

Stay safe,

CB

Thanks for your kind words CherryBomb!

I will keep

Hi @Gothgirl Hope you got through last night ok. Have you found any ways to distract you from the voices or to be able to try and not interact too much with them? I hope that today is abetter day for you! 
LJ

Hi Lisajane,

I may have got through last night bu today has been rough also, with urges of self harm & both voices & hallucinations playing in my head while I went out exploring the world today; friends too busy with their own lives to hang out with me tonight.

I hope other people on here have had a better day & night!

LJ

It is often difficult to not interact with the voices or thoughts.

Regards

Goth girl:)

Hi @Gothgirl - well done for getting through last night, and today even. That can't have been easy, battling those voices in your head... But it is nice to see a smile from you tonight 🙂 You mentioned you went out to explore the world today. I love exploring... Do you find that that helps a bit, to drown out the voices? If I'm in a low mood, I like do some gardening... I love brightly coloured flowers - as you can probably tell from my profile picture! Apart from self-harming, what kinds of things do you find helpful? Does anything come to mind? I hope these Forums are a comfort for you - it's great to have you as part of our community 🙂

Stay safe, Mosaic.

Hi @Gothgirl

Sorry i didnt get back online last night so didnt see your replies. I can understand how hard it would be to ignore. I suffered from a period of psychosis in january and it was terrifying. I did find lifeline to be understanding and helpful when there was noone else that I felt i could be honest with or confide in. Glad you were able to get out and about but thats exhausting in itself. Stay strong, glad you are posting on here,

take care,

LJ

@Gothgirl

I hope you did ok today. Sometimes we have to be our own best friend.

I have struggeld with thoughts about self harm for 20 years.  It is reducing, but not completely gone from my life.  I dont know if it helps but I tend to develop a self talk that accepts it as part of myself but also distances it from me. Eg., Its just little niggle again. It does depend on how intrusive the thoughts are.

Take care.

Thanks AppleBlossom:)

Still having urges, auditory & some visual hallucinations: went to my Dr yesterday evening; was distressed & emotional & pulling out my eyebrows while I waited for her.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance