Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: BPD realisation...

Hey @Former-Member you are totally on point with "Just needed some confirmation that there is an actual illness and I'm not just a selfish sad horrible weak person " . Funnily enough i kinda feel like i would cope with it better once i have a diagnosis.. otherwise it will always reside in my mind.. and then i would become crazier haha! 

And hmm i always thought the psychologist could diagnose ?or can they only for certain illnesses? If anyone knows for sure pls dont hesitate to let us know 🙂

@catsloth@Neil01@Nooks@Sahara@Phoenix_Rising thankyou guys so so much for ur support and understanding and kind words about this situation, and thank you for wishing me luck for my upcoming appointment, it feels amazing to have those who care and are interested in the outcome of this all :)))) it really means alot and most of all given me further insight into this all :))) 

Hey everybody so i thought i would let you know that therapy on fri went really well! ! My psychologist asked me to tell her what traits i believe to be related to borderline and she thoroughly agreed that i possess strong traits of it, in fact most of the criteria, but because i dont possess 2 or 3 of them nearly as much as i use to, she reckons i definately use to have the disorder in my past but its not as bad now, but Said we stil work within the framework of the disorder. 

I have also decided to join a dbt day group as there aren't any support groups going on in syd 😞 if anyone recommends any program in particularl could you please let me know 🙂 

Hope everybody has a lovely weekend 🙂

Former-Member
Not applicable

Glad it went well and you are finding answers to your questions ... what does dbt stand for?

Dialectical Behaviour Therapy @Former-Member. It's primarily a therapy aimed to improve emotional regulation. DBT and Schema Therapy are the two main treatments used for Borderline Personality Disorder.

DBT has saved my life 😊

Hi @lostgirl_777 I was just wondering how you are going and how you are finding DBT? Is the group helping? I hope so 🙂 Wishing you well  

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance