Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: youth group for son with psychosis

@Kellyil Hi it must be very scary right now. I think it might be helpful to talk to someone who has psychosis. I'd put out a new thread.@greenpea might be able to help you also.  She has psychosis and she's really helpful. It is hard to know what to say, You are going through so much. I think you need to talk to parents like yourself in person. Maybe pick up some ideas. There is the schizophrenia fellowship. I have been to a few meetings. They deal with all mental illness and most of the people who go are parents. There is also the benevolent society. They put you in touch with local organisations like yourside. YOu might want to contact yourside as well. There is also Mens line they may be able to help with how to manage your son's anger and offer support. Also kidsline. As I said to you previously my depressed son has been very angry and it makes you feel helpless. my psychotic son is doing better with medicine. He;s not the same boy as he used to be. However the pills have worked  well. He sometimes feels odd when stressed, usually if the family is fighting but mostly things are better not perfect. I sense sometimes he is sad but not as much as he used to be. It took him about 2 weeks for it to really kick in. I bought my son a cat. We had a dog for about 2 weeks but it used to bite us. it was sweet but it would bite my son to wake him up. we also live in a small house and this was a big dog that was full of beans. Maybe a pet would help. I used to laugh at people who would say things like that but it's worked well with my son. It calms him down. I hope you can get your son back. It is so hard to see them suffering. I don't know how to keep him from smoking dope which is the worst thing he could do. Maybe start a new thread. I am very limited in how to help. I feel so sad for you but from personal experience with myself and my son, the meds work wonders as well as excercise and something to do. My son likes drawing and he;s very good at it. It helps him and your son likes basketball which is a good healthy thing to do. It's too bad about the virus but things are going back to normal. My other son is boxing. It's done wonders for him and he keeps healthy his body is his temple. I wish I could help more. look after yourself. Regards @sweet_cheeks

@Sweet_cheeks @Kellyil  Hey Ladies and good morning :).  I am starting studying at uni soon infact I am already starting on various early assignments so I wont be around as much but if you have a question for me I would be more than willing to help @Sweet_cheeks  you have been through so much hun please keep in touch as I plan to get online for posts at least once a week throughout my studies. Take care both of you. Love greenpeaxx

@greenpea Good on you greenpea how excting. x sweet cheeks.

Thankyou both @Sweet_cheeks @greenpea . and @greenpea all the very best with your study. How fabulous. Can I ask what you are studying?

xxxx

@Kellyil @Sweet_cheeks  Thank you 🙂 I am studying criminology. I want to be a parole officer. However that could change as the course develops but most of all I want to use my brain again as it has be a ball of spaghetti for too long.

@greenpea interesting choice. i wish you the best of I was going to say luck, but it's all about hard work., so I will say, I wish you top marks. xxxsweet cheeks

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance