Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Former-Member
Not applicable

recovery?

hi everyone

so ive just been to a 2 hour psychologist appointment and am reeling abit.

and with more sessions to come but these will be 1 hr sessions but they will be pretty intense just due to the nature of the topic (SH & SL)

i was wondering what people do after these sort of sessions to "recover"?

what sort of things help you?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: recovery?

Hi @Former-Member

I find a sleep helps me. This gives my mind to sift through things while I'm asleep. I usually have a long hot bath when I wake up and then I'm a lot more relaxed.
Hugzzz 💕 🎶
Former-Member
Not applicable

i have really bad insomia so its hard to get a good nights slepp. im just waiting for my new sleeping/anti depressent tablets to kick in and i hope its soon

Hello @Former-Member

That does sound quite exhausting doing those long sessions, good on you. It's great you are wanting to implement some relaxation or self-care after.

If you find it hard to sleep do you like to watch a nice movie or tv show at all? That's something I enjoy doing just to give my mind a break and relax... also going for a walk and sitting in the park helps with the fresh air. Can you do anything like that?

Lunar 🙂

Former-Member
Not applicable

hi @Lunar

ive got sleeping/anti depressent tablets now so just waiting for them to kick in abit.

i walk everyday and i ended up having a relaxing radox bath 🙂

Hello @Former-Member, after any of my session, I like to come home and make sure I get quiet, quality me time. From my own experiences I am exhursted after. I often lay on the couch, turn music on and try to meditate. Not alway effective but does help to settle the mind from trying to process.

Hope this helps.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance