Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Walking for Wellness

Okay @HenryX yes barra motors powerful esp the turbo

@HenryX @TAB @Dimity 

Hi guys,

Sorry to worry you all with my absence. Haven’t walked since Sunday. My friend in America had a close cousin that had been involved in a major traffic accident. I was praying pretty hard for her recovery. Unfortunately overnight Sunday/Monday I got news that she had passed. I guess I lost my mojo. I haven’t walked or watched my food intake since. I am now babysitting for a friend until Monday night so I am aiming at getting back to the walking on Tuesday. Good on you all for walking or exercising! Good to hear from you @HenryX 

Meggle

Hi @Oaktree sorry to hear that .
Hope you get back into a routine soon 😸

That's very sad @Oaktree. Supporting your friend from the other side of the world can't be easy. Hugs to you... sharing thoughts and prayers is sometimes all we can do. 

Look after yourself.  I hope you refind your mojo soon. 

Best wishes,  Dimity.

Hello @Oaktree 

Pleased to hear from you and that you are ok. However, disappointed to know about your friend's cousin and the trauma that everyone feels, to some degree, in such circumstances.

With Sympathy to You and Your Friend

@HenryX 

Hello @Oaktree how's the walking? I'm still walking every day and trying to watch what I'm eating. I've even lost a little bit of weight. 

Woohoo @Dimity ! That's so good to hear!

I attended an exercise class today. It was pretty good. So that's an achievement for me.

I'm also planning to register for the 10000 step program. I did it during COVID, but it's about time I go back to it!

Thank you for the update! Hi @Oaktree !

Well done @tyme .

I've been walking daily for 3 weeks this time around. I figured if I could do it for 6 weeks it might be habit-forming... so I'm only halfway. 

Good on you @Dimity . As they say, 'diet' is a lifestyle change. Thank you for your inspiration and encouragement. I'm also happy to hear you are eating healthier.

Well done @Dimity and @tyme 

I walked yesterday but missed today. Back at it tomorrow hopefully. The weather has been a bit wet here.

Meggle

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance