Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: The Challenges of Mental Health Wellbeing

Lil Sis @outlander. Missing you 💕💕💕💕

Good morning my sweet sis @Sans911 

Hoping today is good to you hun

Love and hugs sweetie 💜💜💜

Morning sweetie @Snowie

I hope there is a little something good in your day. When do your kids go back to school?

@Sans911 so nice to 'see' you hun.

They kids go back to school on Friday. I have done books, stationary, uniforms and shoes so all ready to go.

Have you got any plans for today or is it just a quiet day at home?

I've mostly got some cleaning and tidying to do @Snowie. Then I have my support worker at midday for a couple of hours. And my mum will come later. We're going to see a movie. Penguin Bloom.

I'm not sure how I feel about Australia Day anymore. I used to think it was a day to celebrate being a proud Aussie, living iin a relatively 'free and easy' country, and being blessed with beautiful scenery, beaches, etc. Now, there's so much controversy, protest and confusion around what it should be that it doesn't feel right to celebrate it.

Morning @Emelia8 @outlander @Eve7 @Former-Member @Lee82 @NatureLover @Judi9877 @Zoe7 @Shaz51 @Faith-and-Hope @Anastasia @Former-Member @Teej @greenpeaI @Hamsolo1 @CheerBear @Maggie

... and anyone passing through

I hope you enjoy your day hun @Sans911 and that the movie is good.. Great to see you have your support worker today too, especially on a public holiday.

We don't really celebrate Australia Day either. Will have a bbq for dinner but that is about it.

Cold, wet and rainy here. Much different to the 40+ degrees yesterday.

@Sans911 💞❣️

Hi @Sans911 ...., I hear you.  

I think that sense of discomfort is a necessary part of a transition phase, which I believe we are in now as a part of our national identity ..... there is a lot to celebrate about our country, but there is also a troubled history that needs to be acknowledged / recovered from / healed ..... 

Sitting with the discomfort is part of the acknowledgment, and progress is not necessarily comfortable either.  I am choosing to "note" the day rather than celebrate it, while I wait to see what the outcomes will be, and find my own ways to actively support indigenous Australians.  

I hope this helps.  It's only one view .....

Enjoy your movie ❣️

I would like to see that movie too @Sans911 Let me know what you think of it.

I am firmly on the side of 'nothing to celebrate' but more to remember, acknowledge and find a way forward together.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance