Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Former-Member
Not applicable

Sport injuries.....

Hi guys so ive done two of my main ligaments in my foot and it seems to be taking a long time to heal and still has a fair amount of pain. Just wondering if anyone has had anything similar? Has it healed now and how long did it take? Did you find anything helped with the pain at all cause at the moment im in constant agony and cant find anything to help it?

Any suggestions
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Sport injuries.....

I had something similar @Former-Member that also extended in to my lower leg. I had weekly physio for 7 months and continued doing all the exercises. The healing process was completed in 8 months and I no longer have any problems related to this injury.
Hope it gets better soon.
Former-Member
Not applicable

I did a few of the minor ligaments in one of my feet and at the same time a stress factor on one of the bones in the other foot.
They have both healed really well now.
It took I hate to write it, but around 3 years for all the pain to go away. But I had several other injuries involved in the mess and I continued to play sport whilst they were healing (cause I like living in pain😂).
Physio and reducing your activities like sport and dancing are both really important.
For the pain, I had a bucket load of inflammation so high dose oral diclofenac was prescribed for me.
Icing them regularly - like several times a day.
Doing your physio exercises
Time. Lots of time.
I'm sorry, foot injuries are really horrible.
Former-Member
Not applicable

hi @Former-Member @Kurra

its an old injury that i dont about 3 years ago but wasnt treated properly at the time. so its just stayed the same. ive recently gone to a podiatrist as i wa told i was imagining the pain and if they could find something they would.

and they sent me for ultrasounds an xrays and turns out that i still have 2 ligaments that are prettly badly torn t the extent both ends are nearly detached from each side of the bone.

i was statrting to think i was imagingn the pain too but obviously not.

did you use to get shooting pains in your foot that would run doen to your toes and then right up you leg. i also get really bad throbbing pain and tingling in the area as well. did you get any of these?

yeah ive been playing sport etc too @Former-Member i was jsut told there want really anything wrong and jsut stay off it until swelling goes down (it looked like a balloon and when it happened there was a pop sound)

then i can continue to play sports so that what i did despite the agony i was in.

i was told not to use ice but rather the heat pack and heat cream like deep heat etc

Former-Member
Not applicable

For me there was lots of inflammation as well (I had several issues in my feet, the torn ligaments only one of them).
Have you been suggested to wear a boot to give the foot time to heal?
I got agonising pain around the middle of my foot where the bones were destabilised. If you tried to move my foot in that way, I would almost pass out from the pain. But no shooting pain. But I did 2 tiny ligaments in the middle of the foot, you sound like you've done one of the bigger ones.
I think you're looking at a rest period I'm sorry. How do you feel about swimming instead of sport?!?!?

I find ice the best for me @Former-Member.
Former-Member
Not applicable

hi @Kurra ill have to give the ice ago again i think

@Former-Memberthey said that it might not be worth using a boot as its kinda an old injury so it might not make a difference in the healing itself. yeah i did the 2 main ligaments at the side of my foot and the are nearly torn off on both ends. as well a minor tear of the main tendon but thankfully thats healed to be best it can

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance