Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Krishna
Senior Contributor

Re: Self care

Hi @granny9  welcome to the forum. I have found Carer Gateway 1800422737 to be a wonderfully supportive service where you will receive 6 or so free telephone counselling sessions. They offer really sound advice and give you the opportunity to simply just talk about your concerns. I’ve found it invaluable. Good luck and best wishes x

@granny9I get you, it must be exhausting to take on this much. that's a rough job.

I read the thread and so many gems of wisdom here. keep in there and no need to feel guilty to take self care. it makes you more capable to take on your burden. I've burnt out before because I had no idea how to, or even the need to.

saluting what you do.

@tired_sisyphus @granny9 

I take my hat off to ALL carers. Their commitment, perseverance, patience etc is so often under-appreciated. 

Just so you know, I, along with many others, appreciate the unceasing work you do. I know it can be teary, frustrating, stressful and draining, but I hope you will taste of the genuine love and thankfulness for those you care for.

Thank You, tyme

@tymeThanks very much. And thank you for you and your team's dedication in this space. You've helped me, and many others here that I can see. Even a supportive word means the world at some times.

@ExhaustedCarer 

Wow thanks for that.  You remind me of me.  I find myself thinking if that happens then this will happen and so on and so on.  I think of the worst case scenario.  I think I am trying to prepare myself for the worst thing that can happen and work out a strategy of how I can help everyone else with their emotional reactions.  I need to work out a way of realising that I am not responsible for the happiness of all the people in my life.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance