Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Plan B for the Christmas period

Riding out a wave of paranoia atm, thoughts that everyone's angry or annoyed with me, again, even in their silence - but its usually transient, waiting for it to pass. Soon I hope.
Think we all gotta take a break, forget the world a while. Works for me.

hello@tawney

Those waves are hard to push against at times.

Sometimes you  can rush into them and push yourself through.

dive in to them.

ride them - usually nearly slip clumsily  when trying this - resurface gasping and coughing.

run throught the shallower waves.

kick the water up and splash yourself.

throw yourself into the waves fully dressed and come up soaking wet but exhilarated, forgetting those thoughts.

sometimes stay in the shallow water and let them gently flow over you. you can feel your feet sinking but you are still able to lift them up one by one.

walk in the shallow water alongside the water.

watch the waves, listen to the waves, smell the ocean, be at one with yourself.

hope not too deep for you. i am feeling the same as you at the moment as well as anxious and drained, ready to cry my eyes out.

so in attempting to help you with my thoughts i am helping myself.

this is what this site is about isn't it Tawney. you know only too well, from all the help you have given many many people.

bless you Tawney and please be gentle with that beautiful soul of yours xxxxx

hello @Former-Member

that is exactly how i feel at the moment.

I even feel that my psychiatrist is over me i mean over "the me".

visualise me taking my foot out of my mouth!

actually the mood i am in i dont care any more.

Plan A or B did not work out for this year Dec 2017. As all the supposed workers which were supposed to be doing their job failed to do it with radical condequences. Oh but my loved one and I do know they need a break from not doing their job. Not Sorry if I sound a bit cross. Sometines it has to be said.  Anyway Plan Z happened and I got a break in a way that I did not really want. Waiting for the New Year to pan out to see if the services will ever "kick in" for my loved one.  They are kicking in for me as I have a Community Rehabilitation Worker visiting tomorrow. So I do count my blessings.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance