Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

R1CK13
Contributor

Not sure how much longer i can look after myself

I've been dealing with PND for 6 months now and ive pretty much been going this alone. Ive tried so hard to do "whats best for me", seeking extra help when i feel like my mental health is getting away from me but Im not sure how much longer i can do it. Between struggling to get through the day smiling at least once, trying not to go through with urges to suffocate my daughter, dealing with family issues etc etc etc, ive reached a point where i've found myself thinking about suicide. Each time i do i reassure myself that these are just thoughts, thoughts cant hurt me and they will pass. But its getting harder to talk myself through that. Tonight i found myself actually making plans to do it. I then burst into tears and jumped on the net to get some help. I tried to do an online chat with lifeline but they are offline. Im begining to feel forsaken and hopeless.
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Not sure how much longer i can look after myself

I'm so sad for you @RICK13 it must be so very hard for you. @PANDA should be able to help you more than I can. If you look up PANDA on the net you will be able to find a contact number. They help people like you who are experiencing PND.
Thinking of you 💕 🎶

Dear @R1CK13

It's so great that you are reaching out at such an incredibly difficult time. 

It sounds like you have been doing everything you can to feel better, but when someone is experiencing PND it is not possible to do this alone. 

I would really encourage you to give us a call here at PANDA as soon as you can, to start speaking with one of our wonderful counsellors about the many ways you can get the support, care and treatment you need to begin your recovery. 

We know that a woman is much more vulnerable to impulsivity when she has a little baby and is experiencing PND, and thus we take the thoughts of suicide you are having very seriously. We do not want you to do this on your own anymore. 

Our national helpline is open from 10am - 5pm every week day, and we are here to support you with all you are dealing with. Our number is 1300 726 306.

If you do not feel you can call us, I would encouarge you to reach out for some help on the phone for the thoughts of suicide you are having. 

The Suicide Call Back Service is an amazing program. They can be reached on 1300 659 467, 24/7.

There is also Lifeline, who can be reached on 13 11 14, 24/7.

We hope to hear from you soon, @R1CK13.

Thanks so much for inclduing us in this important conversation, @Kurra!

Love,

PANDA x

Hello @R1CK13

I just read your post and I am sorry you are feeling that way, I really hope you have been able to talk to someone since that post, how are things going today?

It sounds like you are in a really tough spot looking after everyone and there is so much going for you, it is really important that you find someone you can talk to some ways of being heard and validated right now. it's great you came to the forums for that extra support, we are here for you ❤️

Lunar

@rick13. It is too hard to try to do this on your own. It's so important to have support behind you. It really makes the world of difference in helping to move through your depression and to control and then eliminate those suicidal thoughts.
I reached out last year when I wasn't able to control my thoughts of suicide. It was the best thing I ever did.
Please give PANDA a call.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance