Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Living with Ourselves

Hello @Adge 

Am responding to all of you as you showed support to my previous post.

@Adge  I read somewhere about your disillusion with surgery results which is so exasperating as dealing with lead up to surgery, recovery and then ongoing issues is the last thing that anyone needs when they already have struggles with the mind.

I can relate to ongoing operations now. Suspect skin shapes, colours, sizes, whatever are the latest issue. Unfortunately surgical removal can include rest, ie no movement, therefore further exacerbation of major operation flexibility from 2018.

You know about this stuff yourself.

I do hope that you are finding a way to continue to spend time with your horticultural interests as you studied so hard in this area, achieving qualifications and have such a great interest in this field.

A new thread with a new cultivating or information on planting in sun, shade etc. soil types situation as in coastal, inland, drought areas would be invaluable.

a diff erent plant or however you would like to present it, keeping it simple of course, for us folk who can only take a minimum of new information in.

What do you think?

Discard if you do not like.

Husband is busy building different retaining walls on our land as well as my son's.

Never ending story will have several sequels. No flying dogs. Flying other more likely.

Take care dear @Adge 

Dear @outlander 

I searched several areas to find a thread that would update me on where your situation is.

I only found the latest situation where you are struggling with latest diagnoses.

Is there a specific thread that I can read back on to find out what has occurred within the last few months in relation to your role as a carer?

I want to tread carefully in responding to you.

Sophia

Dear @Appleblossom 

Have found your responses to others across the forums.

Love your style.

I remember a long time ago , my telling you that you have a gift of replying in such a succint and meaningful way.

My responses usually resemble great sagas.

I hope that all is a well in your world as it can be

Sophia

Dear @Maggie 

How is your garden? 

Any more special additions? 

unusual plants?

I thought that I might have been in planting stage of some cuttings that we have been given.

Sadly the exercise seems to drag on with more retaining walls. More soil delivered. More raking and flattening for turf.

Seriously for someone who hates gardening the whole task has become out of proportion to my way of thinking.

Then what would I know? I am the one who loves gardening! laugh

So we are still dealing with dust, dirt, soil, finding it's way everywhere.

I still have my beautiful tree that is going nowhere.

My last remaining cat still struggles with the fact that he cannot roam outside in the proposed garden area.

The cat house seems to have been put aside as we were waiting for tunnels to be built leading out from catflap into cat house. NOw that he is only cat left, that does not appear to be on the list any longer. 

No matter I shall turn cat house into a potting shed and carry cat up there with me if he allows.

This will only occur once dust, soil, dirt, aforementioned has settled and turf planted.

Yet another merrygoround in life. A small matter in the whole scale of things.

Tell me some news of your garden, pots, new plants, growth, enjoyment.

Sophia

Hello @Powderfinger 

Thank you for your previous support button like.

I remember your name, however not your story, so please forgive me.

This is a thread that I created so that I had a safe haven to go to.

I am prone to isolating so this is a mirror of real life.

hope that life is being kind to you in some way, often comes how we would least expect

Sophia

Hi @Sophia1 I'm sorry you're having to deal with on-going (or several) surgeries, too.

There is already one-such plant Thread (that I know of) - it's "Self-care by growing a garden".

Although that seems more about garden maintenance, & Veggies.

Vegies are too much work, frequent fertilizing, & the Bugs just love to munch them all up - so there's little left for you to eat, anyway.

I've always had a snail problem here - so any small plants or seedlings get munched.

My new lovely Crucifix Orchids (Epidendrons) have been munched by snails - despite the snail baits.

Sounds like you've had possible skin cancers, & have had to have them removed - I'm sorry to hear that.

I have more mounting health issues myself - most of my left hand (3 fingers, sometimes 4) has been semi-numb, the past 4 weeks.

No definate diagnosis yet, & no treatment for it yet either.

Very disconcerting, having lost dexterity & sensation in my left hand - only slight sensation in the fingertips.

Dr thinks maybe Carpel Tunnel syndrome, whatever that is.

Nerve test Referral to public hospital, will take over 6 months to come through.

Referral to private Neurologist was a shock & disappointment - I got in within 2 weeks, with this same Neurologist (2 years ago).

This time it's 4 month wait, for any appointments (from February onwards), next year.

I've been unemployed for the past 6 months - Suddenly made Redundant (from Disability Support), due to this Covid (along with 70 other people).

The only job I've been offered (this afternoon) - requires 100Km or more driving every day.

It's in Aged Care

That's because of driving between support care shifts, of only 1 or 2 hours (each shift) - in people's homes, in many different places (all over metro).

I knew I could not do that - That's what gave me severe Bursitis, in my left shoulder (2 years ago).

It was all the driving - This job involves much more daily driving, than that job did.

I knew I really needed to say No - I cannot put my body through any more.

Yet I said yes - oh no, yes I did.

The Better Options (or Better Job Offers) Never came.

It's just happened this afternoon (still a fresh issue) - Not meaning to Offload.

Just Beating myself up (a bit) for saying Yes, when I needed to say No....

HeartAdge

Oh dear @Adge 

Carpet Tunnel I have heard of.

I have also heard of successful outcomes. Try to hang on to that thought.

It is worrying though, I can understand as we really do need our hands.

Mine do not have a great deal of strength anymore.

Fingers are looking arthritic.

Hereditary. Another gift from mother.

Although having said that, she has not had much pain with hers, just difficulty in opening things. Fairly common when you look at all of the gadgets on the market.

So sorry to hear about the redundancy.

Were you eligible for job keeper payment or at least job seeker.?

Travelling that distance is outrageous.

Yes I do understand your quandary though, wanting to grab any job offered.

Have you offered your services at any nurseries, gardens, botanical parks within a more reasonable distance?

You have so much knowledge and much ability that I think you do not give yourself credit for.

This is what the useless job provider companies are supposed to help with. Have not heard of one helpful one yet.

Are you fit enough to do odd jobs, small gardening jobs withing a radius of where you live.?

Perhaps start a new thread and state your skills and ask for suggestions. There are some entreprenerial folk on here. In particular the garden thread.

I still think that a what is that plant thread or cultivating plants, something more specific would be a great idea.

lovely to find you again

will try to keep in touch when I land on here.

having huge issues at moment with missing family member.

bureaucracy is there ahead of me at every corner that i turn.

tomorrow is another day 

just hoping to get some sleep as mind is going 90 miles an hour.

you probably are very familiar with that concept

take care

Sophia💚

Hello @Emelia8 

thank you for the support to my response to @Adge 

I don't think that we have yet met, or if we have please forgive me..nothing to do with you,,,more to do with me..

tag me into a thread where you write about yourself and next time I am on here I shall endeavour to look you up.

In the meantime.

I wish you well 

Sophia

You do know me @Sophia1 😊  but under a different name. I notice you have been around a bit more regularly of late. Always a pleasure to see you around. Yes I will tag you into my thread next time Im there. You will probably recall who I used to be after reading my opening post. Thanks for taking an interest. 💜

Emelia 🌸

@Sophia1 

It must have been quite some time ago. That is ok. My back story is not so important right now. 

I wouldn't even know if life was being good to me at the moment. I'm sleeping and resting a lot to recover from fatigue and compassionate fatigue. 

Thank you for your kind thoughts. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance