Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Just checking in.

Oh @Teej, there's so much in all of that. I'm super happy for you about respite and being able to get a break. And so happy to hear psych and therapist are on the same page. I know how hard it's been to have them not working well together. And you have a diagnosis that feels fitting! This stuff is big and will hopefully help you out.

I'm sorry about the house hurdle you need to face. I'd be very much looking forward to respite after something that huge.

I've just come out of my gig and am on my way home to make it to kids assembly today for the first time in quite a few weeks. I'm looking forward to it. I've also had a big home on their own while I've been out today, and I didn't worry at all about it. Good feeling there.

Mega hugs to you. I hope physio goes well. ❤

Afternoon @Teej @CheerBear

Really good news for you @Teej on several fronts. Respite sounds like something to forward to. And professionals working together in agreement must feel quite nice.

Sounds like things are settling a little for you @CheerBear. I hope so anyway

Hey @CheerBear , @Sans911  and anyone reading. 

Im going to put my big girl pants on and have a few days break from the forum regardless of how I’m doing. I’ve had such a hard heavy day getting through hour by hour again but doing it. When I’ve come on the forum there have been some things that have been heartbreaking to read and I think it’s just adding to my fears and emotions.

ive had extra guilt that I’m letting my CG duties slide but I think after respite I’ll be more able to do this better. It is something I really want to throw myself into more but hadn’t anticipated this huge crash just now. Luckily I have a team around me now to help me get through the weekend. The kids have all realised I’m struggling with facing my past and are coming with me on Sunday as is my best friend. 

Posted too soon.

i hope everyone is doing ok and has some good moments in their weekend.

Respite was confirmed today and I think it will be the reset button I really need. 

Sorry my brain is so scrambled. 

Hugs @Teej for the hard things. Sorry to hear things are really tough. Being a CG is also recognising your own needs and taking care of those. Be gentle with yourself Teej

Was just about to post the exact same words @Sans911. I hope respite is helpful for you @Teej. Miss you already but will see you when we see you ❤

Do what you need to do @Teej Hope respite helps.

I'd like you around for the long haul.

Hugs

Heart

Checking in, though I'm not sure anyone is around.

I'm feeling very blegh. My lingering headache and sore throat has turned into a really yucky cold. I have tummy cramps (thanks hormones 😏) and no energy at all. I'm feeling super flat and gross, and all I want to do is go to bed and rest.

There is a heap of stuff I need to do today to get us all ready for the week, none which I can't not do. We have a garden that is in desperate need of mowing as it's been too wet to do until now. It's sunny today with rain forecast for most of the week ahead, so I keep looking at it thinking I really need to get onto it while I can.

I also have an assessment soon so I can do the doing part of my worky gig. Until now I've only been learning about it and I'm super keen to get to actually doing it, but I need to get through this bit first. Problem is the more I think about it the more pressure I put on myself to get it all right, and the more pressure I put on myself the more I am likely to mess it up. This assessment (this whole worky gig really) is a big test in trusting myself because I know I know this stuff and deep inside I know I can do it, but my self trust has been shaken up over the last couple of years and self-doubt is making it's way back, loudly.

I'm having a bit of a pity party today feeling that annoying feeling of wishing there was an extra set of hands around. The temptation to be angry and jaded about the way life has played out, is high on days like today. Sometimes I really wish I could put my hands in the air and say to someone 'your turn now'.

I know that feeling of wanting someone else to take the reins for a bit @CheerBear . 

I have no magic words of advice but am wishing you well from your yucky cold and sitting with you.

Thank you so much @Queenie.

You've been on my mind lots over the last few days. Hoping you're doing OK and listening if it helps.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance