Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Sapphire2
Senior Contributor

Judgements

Hello everyone,

Has anyone ever judged themselves harshly for having multiple disorders?

Well I have, judgements happen when we don't even notice. There are positive and negative judgements. Shoulds and shouldn't are apart of that family of judgements.

Being judgemental can be a good or a bad thing and that's a judgement. Bare in mind that I have multiple diagnoses of disorders like Autism, ADHD, Schizophrenia, Borderline Personality, Bipolar and Complex PTSD.

I have been having hallucinations and they effect me. That statement is non-judgemental.

Also being called names like ""Borderline" or "Schizo".

Everyone is different also be kind to yourself.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Judgements

Hey @Sapphire2 

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences with the community!

It sounds like you are having a tough time judging yourself for the MH diagnoses you have, and I totally get that. We can all have a bit of self-stigma which we carry from all sorts of places like the media and community. SANE has a fact sheet on self-stigma that you might find interesting if you would like to take a look: Self-stigma (sane.org).

I know when I received my diagnosis of schizophrenia, I didn't know too much about it except for all the stigma I have grown up with. I have since come to understand that it is way more complex than I realised and a lot of the negativity about it was myths and related to other diagnoses.

Take care

RiverSeal

I think i judged myself harshly for being different... not so much the labels... 

At least I can celebrate being different now 🙂 @Sapphire2 

Just make sure your kind to yourself!

@Sapphire2 

I don't have multiple health conditions but I have oftentimes felt great shame in the intensity of my MH and the ways I've reacted to events and emotions at times. 

I think a big part of our mental health journey is to learn to forgive ourselves and simply work on being the best version of ourself going forward.

Have you heard of radical acceptance? 

@Sapphire2  let others judge , just don't listen them. If you even hear , ignore them. Because you are unique. You are as you are. No one is perfect in this world.❤️

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance