Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Inner child

@BlueBay @oceangirl @outlander, I realise it's ages since the original post but my psychologist and I have recently been working around the ages and stages of my inner child to help me heal from childhood trauma. Sometimes all the young Natalies are quite loud and boisterous, and they jump up and down alot..depending on how they feel and when expressing ther needs, like when they wanted a dog (which they got, it was the adult Natalie who was holding back because she didn't want to love something so passionately and lose it), or when they want attention...and other times they are quiet and solemn, and sit back waiting to see what's going to happen, like if the adult Natalie is having a bad day or is tired or depressed, or when they are s...t scared of a particular situation, especially if she drinks too much.  I've found talking and walking with the young Natalies has been very powerful and emotional. It's not just the adult Natalie I need to take care of but all the young Natalies, as they are only kids and never had nuturing relationships.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance