Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Happiness guilt

Hello @Jenn4 it's a good question. Self-doubt is inevitable if/when we're invalidated or come to know our emotions may be regarded as pathological. You have to trust yourself in the core of your being and finding that centre is IMHO one of the most important things we can do. For some it may be spiritual, for others experiential. 

I'll tag you into Let`s talk about Bipolar .

Thanks for tagging me @Delicatessen .

Re: Happiness guilt

Hi Jenn4,

I totally relate to the fear of what others think when I’m happy. I’m not bipolar but GAD/OCD/depression. I feel like lately because I’ve been a bit unstable again, my friends don’t trust my decision making. Admittedly some of it is a little impulsive but most of the time in the last 6 weeks I have been in “survival mode”. I’m trying to focus on gratitude, and I’m trying to regain a sense of self trust so my stability/emotions/everything aren’t based on what other people think or their approval (as long as a reasonable person would agree my behaviour and decisions are rational).

Giving ourselves permission to enjoy the positive emotions can be hard if we feel that we don’t deserve it or that others are judging us etc. I empathise with you. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance