Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

RangerBaker
Casual Contributor

Finding A New GP Around Sydney South

I am needing to find a new gp who has a interest in mental health, anxiety and depression. I am hoping to find someone who is kind, caring and has got empathy. Me and my husband have bought a house not to far from where his parents live in milperra. Ideally I am hoping to find one no further then liverpool, Bankstown, picnic point or anywhere in between. if anyone has suggestions outside those areas I would be happy to have those recommendations as well, your help is much appreciated
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Finding A New GP Around Sydney South

Hi @RangerBaker,

Welcome to the forums - you will find a really supportive community here

Our forums are anonymous and we cannot share recommendations of doctors, pyschologists etc (see more in Community Guidelines).

However, members can post and let you know the best way they have gone about finding there support services and providers?

Thank you for that I was not trying to break the rules, I really just need to find a good gp and cannot find any resources, as I have said I have gone to a couple but have not had a connection

Hello @RangerBaker,

If you do not currently have a GP, or are not happy with your current GP, there are a number of ways to locate one that you can feel comfortable with. Finding a GP can be as easy as asking friends, family, someone at work, or your local pharmacist. The Beyond Blue website offers a comprehensive list of practitioners who have a special interest and/or expertise in mental health issues;

Beyond Blue  
Telephone: 1300 22 4636  
Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday between 9am – 5pm  
Website: http://www.beyondblue.org.au/get-support/find-a-professional

Lunar 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance