Skip to main content
Forums Home

Carers Forum

Acceptance, connection, support. Share the journey.

Safe, anonymous discussion for people living with mental illness, moderated 24/7 by mental health professionals.

Read the community guidelines
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Decluttering and home maintenance

Motivation = yikes @Radleritis images (79).jpg

Small successes = success

Do you have the energy to deal with one item today?

@Darcy 

Today I am dealing with myself.

Going to the (very much needed) gym after a while. 

Smiley Happy

LoL @Darcy 

Methinks I would be in trouble 🤣

@Radleritis  trust gym session went well.

@Determined  is it possible to get an update your roof situation without your blood pressure rising through it?

We are starting to arrange  quotes for some of the early maintenance/ renovation jobs that need doing here. Have a couple of jumpers that were given to me that have been set aside to go to op shop.

Still waiting to hear from.insurance re roof @Darcy   but we are supposed to be having a quality auditor come to site to discuss our concerns. That may take weeks.  We have however received a verbal and written apology from insurance rep for the stress that has been caused .

@Darcy 

Yes, it was ok. That is one of the things that I like doing, exercising.  Smiley Happy

Hey all. Spent most of the day sorting. Only got a small amount done volume-wise, but there was a lot of fiddly small stuff in it, so in that sense, it was significant enough. Smiley Happy I was working on some of the stuff that Younger Daughter had cleared from her room in a semi-unsorted manner...???

Lots of unwanted papers in the worm farm, soft plastics bagged to take to the supermarket for recycling, a bit of recycling in its bin, and a bag of general rubbish in the other bin. Beads and haberdashery oddments separated out, ditto pencils and pens. There's a bagful of "lost" items of clothing, and a much reduced boxful for Daughter to have a look over. Once she's pulled out what she wants, there may be the odd thing I'd like for myself, and the remainder should be rehome-able.

Tis late, I should get to bed. Hopefully I can continue the process tomorrow.

Fiddly stuff = hard work @Smc 

Salvos came today and picked up a couple of bits of furniture the vendor left 🙌.

Highlighted

Off to a new home they go. Smiley Happy

I didn't end up continuing the "toss and sort" today. Too tired etc., for assorted reasons.

Tomorrow's another day.

Further information:

For urgent assistance, call: