Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Daily Check In Space

Hello @Shaz51

Yes - I am in a flood-free area! However, lots of rain for me so for the most part I will be staying indoors all weekend, working on my novel, reading and playing video games! 

That sounds like a great weekend  @Jake63 

Writting a novel , how exciting,  what kind  of novel 

Hi @Shaz51 I am writing fiction. Not allowed to say anymore than this. 🙂

All good @Jake63 😀

@Shaz51 

I am looking forward to some sunshine, I really want to head down to the beach for a walk. But according to the Bureau of Meteorology it is going to be raining all week long down where I live in Victoria!

We usually gets weeks of rain where I am @Jake63 

And it plays on our mental health a lot 

Hope you do get a chance to go to the beach 

We are 20 kms away from a beach here 

Hi @Shaz51, @Jake63, others...
Spent the day decluttering some boxfuls. We do live in a floodzone, although it has to get pretty high up to reach our place. I've got as much as I could stacked up high after being on flood "watch and act" a couple of weeks ago... I'd much rather have less to get out of the way! Happy that I have completely emptied a couple of boxes worth today, but it's tiring work. So many micro-decisions to make on the way through.
We were going to have a take away dinner, but the local fish and chippery is flat out tonight, so there's frozen food heating up in the oven instead.

Easy meal is a much-needed for you tonight @Smc 

Hope you are able to relax a little bit tonight xxx 

@Shaz51 thanks for checking in, hope you're doing well. hotness doesn't agree with me either.

Been a super busy week, and tonight was really tempted to abuse a lot of substances (I don't usually but have family history of tendency, so don't even want to be opened to the possibility). My loved one was in a good space so I snapped out of it, thankfully.

Feeling a 6-7 

reasonably good and have had a vent with work colleagues and friends- very supportive. 

Myer I struggle with empathising with my brother in law who has just started back at work after a month off due to anxiety and depression and his work has been so supportive with a plan and easing him back with only two days a week! I just feel angry that he wants to give up after all we have done. He’s not thinking about his two little girls. His wife (my dear twin sister) is struggling too. Financially he cannot quit. I’m just trying hard not to be stern or tell him off. He’s not working on his exercises or self care himself! 

on a good note I have been taking some me time and focusing on my physical exercises etc enjoyed work today myself with is a plus ☺️

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance