Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Coping Toolbox ( what is in yours to help you cope )

Ohh hugs @Krishna 

Yes sending understanding hugs as I have arthritis too and finding it hard to do gardening for too long also standing for a while 

Ohh dear about your daughter , that is a worrying time my friend 

If you need to talk , sane chat line is here for you 

And I amm sitting with you  @Former-Member , @Daisydreamer , @cloudcore 

Hi @Shaz51 

My toolkit contains a lot of the strategies in your post. My trouble is opening the lid to the box some days! When I go straight into fight or flight mode and auto response, it can be difficult to even locate the box! That is when I have to take a deep breath, pause and focus on what might be helpful.  Easier said that done at times, but very helpful when it does open.

Very true @Boo13 

I was like that today when we came home for lunch after doing one job , took me a while to come down and relax 

Then since then I have been in bed all afternoon 

Hi @Shaz51 re Coping Toolbox, I do not have one, but I see it is something I do need. Especially now, starting with the Opposie Action section. Thanks

hello @LizzieLou@Boo13@Krishna@Daisydreamer@MDT , @Former-Member , @Alicat@Determined@tyme@flybluebird@cloudcore@TideisTurning@Rhye 

R.png

christine-ward-compassion-fatigue-when-helping-hurts-9-638.jpg

3489af4681d65766e9cdb3a3f7f2439a.jpg

file.png

Thank you @Shaz51 Today I have realized that I appear to be entering the stage of Burnout, recognising I have the first 3 of the signs. It has been a long time, and I find I can't manage to find time to read a book, paint a picture, do some sewing , even mending. Also the arthritis has taken it's toll, and my vision is not good. All made worse by the fact that help in the form of carers has been scarce in the time of the pandemic. Also meeting friends is limited.  My partner has become increasingly frail, and demanding, and I find it hard not to be impatient. He has many conditions other than the mental illness, and we attend many medical appointments. I do find this forum helpful if only to express my feeling that he is the only one that really matters, I am just the wife.

Hi @Shaz51   Compassion fatigue, good to have a name for my symptoms. Makes a lot of sense really and working on it 🙏❤️

Thank you @LizzieLou for your update my friend 

I am just the wife and daughter here too 

You are not alone my friend xxx we are here for you anytime 

Hello and hugs @Krishna , @Boo13 

Hi @Shaz51  Oh we are so much more than just wives mothers and daughters and this is something I’m beginning to work on in finding me again. Just back from physio as stress can take a physical as well as emotional toll on our bodies and this young 27 year old physio reminded me to start focusing more on my own needs and happiness. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance