Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Checking In

LOL @LadyleahRDBloom You seem to be already buzzing but if more coffe is what you need then go for it haha. I have to do some cleaning today too much very much lacking the motivation - will see how I am later this afternoon. Goodluck with your cleaning Smiley Very Happy

Just checking in folks. I have been super busy of late. I was told by my GP to embrace the Christmas spirit after having a meltdown in her office (which was really embarrassing to say the least). I tried hard and got into massive debt this Christmas attempting to 'embrace the spirit'. I have learned you don't need to spend up big at Christmas in order to celebrate. Christmas is usually a sad time for me, I am reminded that my family don't love me at all, they see me as a burden rather than a human being in need of love. I suffered a major betrayal in the form of my cousin (the one I'd formally said I'd cross oceans for). Now she hates me and won't even take my calls or texts. This was right before Christmas and saw me spiral downwards. I got through it however and although I miss her I know in the end she was 'poisoned' by the rest of my family.

My 40th birthday is fast approaching and while I said there'd be a party, so far nobody said they are coming. I don't want gifts this year, I said to donate instead to mental health charities that have supported me (like here for instance). I figure there's nothing I need and want and these charities could always do with extra moolah in order to continue the good work they do. 

I FINALLY have a support worker through the NDIS. He's a top bloke and is really helping me to hit exercise goals and community engagement goals too.

Anyhoo, that's all from me for now. 

I'd rather be shaving my legs and forgetting all about "Aquaman" I was soooo disappointed with that. Ugh! But pet fur and laundry ! Laundry I tell you!!!! I'd rather ... exercise then do laundry and I do so loathe to move during a cantankerous heat wave!!!!

Good on ya 🙂

LOL @LadyleahRDBloom I am the opposite - would rather do laundry than exercise Smiley LOL - unless I am in the pool ...love the feel of the water around me. Goodluck with the laundry - once it is done there always seems to be more though - it is a continuous cycle we can't avoid for too long.

Great news about the support worker @Queenie That must be such a relief and also an incentive to hit those goals - wtg you.

It totally sucks about your cousin but you seem to have a good attitude - if they can be influenced by others and not take the relationship they have with you from their own point of view then you are probably better off with them out of your life. We deal with enough negativity and stigma but to have that come from family that you thought cared for you is harder to take. You seem like you are being very strong throughout this though and that is something to be proud of Smiley Very Happy

I'll just pretend it's not there for a few more days .... I'm good at procrastination and ... yeah ... OMG! Will you just look at that hairball my cat has let float in the air .... nature 🙂

This is me in de-nile ... I can't spell that word right now.

haha I am in a bit of denial myself this morning - know things have to be done but can't bring myself to do them - much like your washing - it will still all be there tomorrow!

@LadyleahRDBloom

And then there's the cooking of the tea later on ... grrrrrooooooaaaannnnnnnnnn. Prawns greek yoghurt and sweet potato for me. I just can't be bothered making anything else

You are having an annoying day - it is hard when everything is such an effort @LadyleahRDBloom but you will also feel better when those things are done. I should take my own advice and get my butt into gear and do something also.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance