Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Jamc
Senior Contributor

Change

Why is it that i have done all this change in my life have decluttered my flat happy about that arranged some maintanece on my place has been very confronting as i do not like change & having people coming into my place as my Psycholigst says dealing with childhood trauma has come to a head being good about change but expecting the worse plus now i am doing things for people like buying gifts etc hoping they will like me this is bad i know can not see my Psych till next month as he is on holidays he is great working on my issues but i feel as if i have lost focus & slipping back

2 REPLIES 2
utopia
Senior Contributor

Re: Change

@Jamc. It's always hard when our therapists or psychiatrist goes away on holiday. I notice I feel more anxiety at these times.
Sounds like you have done a lot of work around your house and also on yourself. Don'tforget to ccongratulate yourself for all thehard work you have put in. Often we forget to.
Buying presents for people won't help them like you any more. It's more likely that you will be used for your generous nature.
True friends like us for who we really are. Nit what we can buy.
BambiFawn
Senior Contributor

Re: Change

dear @Jamc

Change could be good or stressful, depending on how one looks at it. 

It can always be stressful discussing childhood trauma, because it opens the wounds again and can cause anxiety.  But take some deep breaths and tell yourself you are okay now and positive affirmations.  Saying positive words and affirmations to myself have helped me heal from domestic violence and abuse from my mother and my 4 fathers.

I am much happier after doing the [positive affirmations exercises.   

Also as Jesus said ' It is more blessed to give than receive'.  And I live by it and I generously give to charity, family and friends and that makes me feel very happy.  It's a good quality to have by being generous dear Jamc.  I admire you for it. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance