Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

HelloBPD
Contributor

6mth old baby, BPD, depression and newly pregnant.

Wow.
I don't even know what to say.
We are in complete shock.
We weren't planning to have another baby for at least two years. Meant to get married next year.

Tonight I got home from my best mates place and decided to take a test after not getting aunt flow and stopped breastfeeding 3 weeks ago due to lack of supply.

Well hello positive pregnancy test.
I came out of mother baby psych unit 3 weeks ago after being there for 8 weeks with PND and now I'm pregnant.

Help.
We will be going through with the pregnancy. As scared as we are.
4 REPLIES 4

Re: 6mth old baby, BPD, depression and newly pregnant.

Hi @HelloBPD,

congratulations I think are still in order from the sounds of things. It's probably very scary and exciting at the same time. I haven't had PND but struggled after the birth of my first as he was a difficult baby. I fell pregnant when he first started sleeping through the night at 5 months old and ended up having the second baby early only making them 13 months apart. I think that there have been lots of positives having them close together, I wouldn't change it. I would get in contact with @PANDA and other places that can support you with this. It's very busy but very worthwhile too. Take good care of you 💜🤗

@HelloBPD. Firstly congratulations on your pregnancy. No not planned. But still wanted. So will be a well loved bub.
It's going to be a tough time for you individually and as a family. But you can definitely work through any hurdles you encounter.
So support early on in this pregnancy is vital. @PANDA would be good to get in touch with straight away - if you're not already.
Are you still being supported by a mother/baby psyxh team? Be sure to let them know about your pregnancy - so that they can monitor your hormones and moods.
Unfortunately you've learnt the hard way that breastfeeding isn't a contraceptive. It's an old wives tale. So you may want to speak to your gp or nurse to work out contraceptives after this little one is born.
Congratulations. You can and will be a great mother to this baby as well as your 6 month old. With support around you - I hope this pregnancy and birth goes really well.

Hi there @HelloBPD,

Oh Congratulations!! That must be terribly scary but how wonderful, a new little bub. I really hope you can get yourself some extra support through Panda or elsewhere that is really important so you don't feel as overwhelmed and also feel more supported.

We are here for you, keep sharing your concerns and how you are doing.

Lunar ❤️

Hi @HelloBPD

Congratualtions and best wishes on your family - I guess in the long run this is a good thing

My mother got pregnant right after I was born during WW2 and I don't know if this worked out very well - I have the feeling it did not - as the elder of two children born so close I did well but my sibling did not - this has to be a very sad thing but getting help from PANDA and having on-line friends and knowing this is nornmal - that is having post-partum depression - and horrible - and I think I had it after my daughter was born early - but I never had a dx - so I know I was totally overswelmed - but I guess I know what it's like to feel that it's all too much

The best thing is to keep in touch with people who can tell you that you will be okay - to have contact with other people who have found themselves pregnant before they were ready with a child already

I also think it's important to speak to your doctor - how you cope with what is happening is something to discuss with him/her

All the best with that

Dec

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance