Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome and getting started

Thilini
Casual Contributor

New here

Hi I'm new here. I've been feeling lonely. I was diagnosed with schitzophrenia last year and since then everything I do is about that

13 REPLIES 13

Re: New here

Hey @Thilini 

Welcome to the forums! I have schizoaffective disorder, so a similar disorder to you. If you would like to join our Peer Group tonight here's a link the information (starts at 7pm):

https://saneforums.org/t5/Special-Events/Peer-Group-Chat-Powering-Our-Passions-Thursday-25th-July-20...

Hi I'm just about to start work so I Dont think I can. Do you work for sane? 

Hey @Thilini 

No worries. I volunteer a couple of hours a week for SANE, but most of the time I am a service user like yourself. SANE ran a Peer Guide Program a little while back I was part of that. The people with Peer Support Worker on their profile do however work for SANE. 😊

Eve7
Community Guide

Hi @Thilini and welcome to the forums. There are lots of friendly people here willing to share their lived experiences. It was courageous of you to share your diagnosis. I also have a psychosis related disorder.

Thank you. I still Dont know how this page works yet. Thank you for replying 

Jynx
Peer Support Worker

Hey @Thilini and welcome!! Hope you find this to be a warm and welcoming community!! 

I can totally understand how this relatively new diagnosis would be taking up a majority of your mental space! It can take time to process it all, almost like we're looking at ourselves through a whole new lens. It's okay that it takes time! 

It can take a bit of time to get used to the forums, and we absolutely acknowledge they can be a bit tricky to navigate (it is something we're currently in the process of improving, yippee). I'll link a few threads and stuff below that should help you get to know how the forums work 😁

Community Guidelines

Forums Tips & Tricks

Tips for Communicating Online

List of Social Spaces

And just in case you haven't come across it/think it could be a helpful read - SANE's factsheet about Schizophrenia

Looking forward to seeing you round the forums! Oh and one last tip - if you want other members to be notified that you've responded, you can tag them - use the @ symbol and a drop down will appear, and you can choose their name. If their name isn't there, you can type it out and it should then appear for you to select, then it will show up in blue, like this: @Eve7 @Ainjoule 

💜

thank you for your response. I'll have a read. I've been feeling lonely. So wanted to see if there are people I can talk to. 

Oh cool. Do you find it rewarding?

Welcome @Thilini 🙂 Sure there are people you can talk to!

We will be starting a Peer Group Chat tonight which is a chat in real time. You can have a look here to see if you are interested Peer Group Chat// Powering Our Passions // Thursday 25th July 2024, 7-8:30PM AEST 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance