Welcome & getting started
07-03-2022 11:38 AM - edited 02-05-2022 09:35 AM
Forums how-to: general tips and tricks!
Here are a few helpful things to help you navigate and connect in the forums 😊
Starting with the guidelines:
Community Guidelines help keep the forums space safe, respectful and anonymous. It can be really helpful when you are new to have a read through these so you know a bit more about how the forums work!
You can also find a list of Forums FAQs to help you find your way around.
Where to post:
It can be helpful to know where to go after introducing yourself - each board has a theme so check out the area you think would suit your posts best!
- Our stories: A place to read the stories of people like you and share your own experience
- Looking after ourselves: find coping strategies and self-care tips, or share your own, here. A place for setting goals, to celebrate and motivate, and to support ourselves and each other. All the things that help.
- Social spaces: relax and unwind with Forum friends. Drop in for fun, or a friendly chat. Say good morning to the other members or share the experience of some of your favourite hobbies or interests here!
- Somethings not right: a place to share our struggles and talk about times when we are not coping, having a rough time or having challenges with diagnoses. Ask questions, ask for help, offer support, share your knowledge and experience.
- Useful resources: services, tools, new research, treatments, technologies, books, websites we have found interesting or helpful. Ask for resources or post useful ones you’ve found.
- Special Events: check this space out for ‘Topic Tuesday’ and other special Forums events! Read past event discussions and see what’s coming soon.
- Forum news & feedback: this is where the forums team will share any consultations or ask for feedback on specific things and members can also post any technical issues they are having or feedback they may have. The community wrap is also in here which is kind of like a community newsletter!
You can also check out the latest discussions from all boards here!
How-to: Forums Posting
- Staying anonymous and maintaining privacy
- Posting safely about suicide
- Posting safely about self-harm
- Posting safely about eating disorders (COMING SOON)
- Posting safely about medication and drugs (COMING SOON)
- Self care for Forum users
- Addressing conflict
- Getting Moderators involved
- Peer support events and discussions
- Topic Tuesday
How-to: Forums Issues
- Forgotten password or username
- Tagging people on the forums (COMING SOON)
- Flagging posts I’m worried about (COMING SOON)