Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: sex

@Former-Member

Thank you for your honesty : last night I was looking at my husband telling him that I would never ever hurt him .....
I'm wondering ..... If you would be comfortable with giving yourself a timetable ?

Dearest @Former-Member

Oops again I've ended last message too early
When you act out with crying etc ..... You remind me of a cute little kitten ..... I feel like smiling and I'm wondering just an weird idea...... Could you .....
It's just a weird idea ..... Remember the cute little kitten needing a cuddle next time you feel too emotional ?
suzanne
Senior Contributor

Hi @PeppiPatty.  Hope all is well with you Anne.  I'm not sure that I 'felt' anything.  It was their choice and generally made for good reasons.  But those reasons were always worth exploring.  And also the impact of the decision for themselves and their relationship.  I didn't see it as something that needed to be 'fixed' just something worth examining.   

Former-Member
Not applicable

@PeppiPatty probably not. I don't like coming of soft and needy. I also hate anyone touching me when I feel upset angry or ill. I just need to feel my feeling and sort it out in my head by myself.

Former-Member
Not applicable

What does me being a mum have to do with anything? No I'm not a mum but I would be an awesome mother and if I ever become one I would not want people having there hearts go out for me like I'm so crippled loser who can't do anything right and stuffing up mine and my child's life!

You go girl

@Former-Member

For most of human history sex has been tied to creation of offspring .. so motherhood has a bit to do with it.... though sometimes we need to comparmentalise things and look at single acts in isolation ....

You are very lucky to have such amazing self confidence and self esteem to be so sure of your capacity to perform motherhod role over the next 20 to 30 years ... it takes a while for them to grow up these days ... and the more they get the longer it seems to be for them to grow up.

I am sure you will do your best ... but sex is usually about a significant other  ... a partner ...

Also we usually need to be able to show compassion to those "others" and a few more that we might meet on the way ... "loser" terminology is not a good approach for either MI or parenting or love.

Its a Brave New World we are moving into ... that has detached sexuality from its evolutionary and biological imperatives.

lol lol

Love it @Former-Member

YOu just stay as you are ; you have certainly got me thinking better with your comments.......

Interesting 

I guess you havent figured out your relationship to your mum yet ..

good luck with your kids but I wont feel guilty charging sufficiently to manage the type of behavioural blowouts that are likely to occur in similar scenarios.

tut tut @PeppiPatty

the mods and you think the cripple .. loser comments... respectable .... funny?  Woman Surprised

On a site dedicated to changing stigma of MI  ????  Good luck

It is so interesting what gets through and what does not.

I know I can be naive but I do feel sorry for the young mums of the future ...

I am also grateful for the opportunity to gauge the tenor of the breadth and depth of attitudes of young women of the generation that my daughters have had to rub shoulders with.... puts their behaviour in social perspective.

Former-Member
Not applicable

in my eyes showing companions for young mums with mental health issues of giving them a sense that they can not do it. I know for a fact just bring diagnosed I do not want compassion. I want to face the same obstacles as everyone else. I don't want people going she's not well in the head let's give her some extra help. I just want to be treated like every other person with out a mental illness. For me being treated different points out that I am different and that gets me the most upset. I am 100% capable of doing the same things as a healthy person. Yes it may be a nightmare for me to do some stuff and a lot harder but I can do it. Any one of us can do it if we truly want to.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance