Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Victoria lockdown and mental health and family.....

@Judi9877  I ‘m not in Melbourne, but I keep a close eye on how things are going there.

I can certainly see your point about KMart and BigW being open. And regarding how online shopping is hard for some. I too have been confused about the 5km restrictions.

I had hoped things would be further on regarding restrictions, but it’s moving very slowly.

I’m sorry your mental health has been affected. Looking for accommodation during this time must be extra stressful. I really hope you find a place to live, and peace of mind.

Sending you some ❣️❣️

Hey @Judi9877 ,

I have felt quite restricted during lockdown and have been frustrated that i can't see people, especially since I live alone.

However, in retrospect, I have enjoyed a slower-paced life which I haven't felt for a long time. I've also enjoyed doing things 'differently' and not having to travel to work. My sleep has been much better, I've stressed less, been eating healthier, been able to fit in day time walks and have overall been a lot more chilled out.

I definitely am waiting to see people f2f and hang out at restaurants as well as visit libraries. I'm also waiting to the borders to open so I can travel interstate.

So overall, I have reaped the benefits of COVID despite the restrictions.

BPDSurvivor

@Bed101 @Maggie @Dadcaringalone @Appleblossom going back to the 'case' I mentioned before about the son with the 3 1/2 yr old boy ....the son is going to Mother's place nearly every weekday

to do 'work' - but probably maybe only half the time is 'work' -

the Mother told him 'Friday is a public holiday' but he still said he would go to Mother's place

so in this case the son is using his Mother's place as an 'office'....

sometimes he may do 'work' with customers over Zoom but not all the time sometimes he was wasting time watching some shows on his laptop and he will dump his rubbish from the takeaway food and fill up the kitchen bin

he keeps coughing and the surfaces all need to be wiped down after he leaves

the Mother has another son who is still living with her

the son who visits is over 35 I can reveal exact age and is married

the wife is currently at home not working

so what does everyone think of this case?

the Mother knows he has a bad relationship with the wife and he is avoiding home life

do you think what he is doing by 'visiting' every weekday is unfair?

how do you think the other son feels about this?

if you were the Mother would you allow this to go on ?

when Victoria is 'unlocked' should he stop doing this ?

your thoughts please

@Bed101 @Appleblossom  I asked for your thoughts🙂

It looks like a complex issue. I know I do not have all the facts of the case, and do not wish to speculate. Please respect my right to speak or not to speak as I feel is appropriate.

@Appleblossom  fair enough I understand that....

it's a problem that will be there for quite a long time ....

@BPDSurvivor good news

Wednesday retail is back in Melbourne

Hehehe, most definitely @jamesle2015 !

However, the lockdown has made me more cautious at this point in time. I'm just happy that all kids have returned to school. Next is when all workers can return to the office/worksite. The lack of social contact does not seem significant until it's taken away.

Great step forward!

BPDSurvivor

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance