Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Victoria lockdown and mental health and family.....

Hi @jamesle2015  hearing you about how irresponsible some people are in these times.  Saturday Soiree - all welcome!!  is a thread where you can hang out today if you feel like company.  Take care, stay safe and stay kind.

@jamesle2015  That’s a worry. At least numbers are dropping, that’s a hopeful sign. Still very tricky for everyone in lockdown though.

I hope you are doing ok @jamesle2015 .

@jamesle2015 Thanks for your message. I believe it ok to go over the 5km limit if you are a carer. My best mate has been driving over to care for his elderly mother with food who lives alone. My brother had a car accident just as the lockdown started and had some concussion but he was scared to visit the Alfred hospital, his local hospital, because he was scared of catching covid19 there where there is a testing clinic and there had been a cluster there. He also lives alone. I really feel for those living alone, but at least they are not in contact with others like you mentioned who are coughing. My parents are in their 80s and I've told them not to leave their house because of their age and the high community transmission. We have arranged delivery of their groceries from the local supermarket. They have already got thru 3 weeks of lockdown and only have another 3 to go! My parents had problems wearing face masks 😷 at the start, even though I bought them some, but now it is mandatory they don't have any choice because they will get fined if they go outside without being masked up.

@Bed101 

As someone from the same state I hear you when you say it is challenging that you aren't able to do the things that you use to be able to do.

Have you thought about sitting down with your family and outlining some boundaries around what is acceptable and what responsibilites everyone has in the household. To express your me time that you need to have. Your brother needs to hear you around what is expected of him if it is your household so he understands the boundaries.

@Dadcaringalone  do your parents go for exercise ? 🙂

I think it's alright for seniors to go to the supermarket as long as they are healthy

and hopefully if there is someone to help them with the shopping

@jamesle2015 They are in their 80s and Dad's exercise is limited to doing the gardening when the weather is fine. Mum sleeps a lot but is up for lunch and dinner and they have apparently been watching a lot of Netflix. She does housework the rest of the time and spends a lot of time on Facebook and speaking with her friends and extended family. They go shopping only once a week and order everything else online or with their elderly neighbour. I think they will be fine for another 3 weeks of lockdown as long as its not extended. Every time I speak to my Dad on the phone he says that he's so happy we didn't send him to a retirement village...they have friends in these facilities which apparently are all currently under lockdown.

@DadcaringaloneWhat do they watch on Netflix ? 🙂

It's good that they are coping well....

I think a lot of people don't realise that for people with MI...here in the SANE forums....

our lives are in 'lockdown'....

For the agoraphobic life is in 'lockdown' - the government restrictions don't do anything

as the agoraphobic is already trapped ....for some agoraphobics it is more restricted than others

@Maggie @Dadcaringalone I had a telehealth appt this morning. I have to go outside the house and walk everyday and write down progress. This is really hard for me ....I could only go a few houses up today then I felt 'odd' and turned around....

I think part of it is I didn't get much sleep and it was late in the afternoon and the Sun was too bright ...

@jamesle2015  I hope you managed to get a bit more sleep last night.

As far as your walk yesterday goes, you gave it a go. Give yourself credit for that. 

I’m not in lockdown, but really feel for everyone who is. It’s tough.

Take care

Hi @Maggie @Bed101 @jamesle2015 @Dadcaringalone @jem80 and all others here. I'm just checking in to see how everyone here is going for those based in Victoria like myself. I hope you are travelling well and are okay during this tough period. What have you been doing? 

To be honest, I wasn't too happy about the extension of the restrictions that was released on Sunday, especially for Melbourne with the continuing lockdown and 5km area thing. Also the curfew was a little hard to handle as I can't understand the reasons behind that from a health perspective. I've been stranded at my sisters house since August 2 when stage 4 came into effect so that has been interesting but challenging at times as she's an essential worker who does night shift which impacts on my sleeping. I'm dealing with this by doing craft activities, reading ebooks and emagazines Online from several libraries, listening to music and playing with my cat, Mitz. I've also been watching netball and Home and Away as well as The Block on TV. Coming on the forums also helps.

Keep safe and well forum friends💐

Judi9877

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance