Skip to main content
Stout
Senior Contributor

Talk about Homeless

Wanna? Anyone?

Homelessness is different from voluntary camping. And I've discovered that it does something to the mind, it has a tendency to warp people.

In my case this time it is more gruelling due to the National housing crisis. Jackals enforced my crisis, so that on part vulnerable older people didn't end up on the street. An institutional oxymoron, because I am 61yo.

Is it possible that there is a push against other vulnerable sectors of the community, such as mental health victims? What does the future hold for them? 

Discuss 

87 REPLIES 87

Re: Talk about Homeless

On the news this morning there is 100,000 people in housing crisis, and likely to be more. My experience tells me people will be passing on this winter. But you won't hear about it. As the squeeze gets tighter, people like me in the mental health space will increasingly be overrepresentented in the statistics.

You can be assured Nanny will have its way.

The other thing we definitely won't hear about is people like me being totally and permanently depot injected into oblivion and industrialy dumped out of sight.

Are you homeless, @Stout ? 😢

Metaphysically yes, in body sort of @NatureLover 

Sort of? I'm sorry to hear, @Stout  😢

Don't be @NatureLover 

It's the State and the jackals that should be sorry and apologize.

We can bet that conscious decisions are being made by the State. Something like the Scottish Clearances.

It's Hobbseian to, nasty, brutish and short.

@Stout @NatureLover I’m in the same situation.

I don’t know how many social activists are in the Forum. But I’m struggling to find a national organisation that campaigns to bring social awareness to the fastest growing percentage of homeless people - women over the age of 55.

Mental Health starts when basic physical needs are met. Maslow’s Hierarchy states

No. 1. Physiological needs biological requirements for human survival. Air, food, drink, shelter, clothing, warmth, and sleep.

There is a National Housing and
Homelessness Plan consultation summary report available.

https://engage.dss.gov.au/developing-the-national-housing-and-homelessness-plan/developing-the-natio...

As we approach the 2025 State and Federal elections. I encourage everyone to write or email their State and Federal Government representative, or this issue will not get further than a report.

G

@tyme @Shaz51 @Ru-bee 

@Glisten     done