Skip to main content
Hyperballad
Senior Contributor

I don't know where I am going to be

So, I don't know where I am going to be in three months time. Life feels like it's hanging on a thin thread at the moment. My saving grace is that I spent time with my family yesterday (I'm a single gay man so when I say family I mean parents, and my siblings' families). I know I might sound dramatic, and maybe I am, but I believe I have something to offer this worrld I just don't know who appreciates it.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: I don't know where I am going to be

Hey @Hyperballad i'm so sorry to hear you don't feel appreciated. Sometimes the people around us fail to show us but they really do care and see you! I'm glad to hear that spending time with your family helped, and I hope the forums can also be another place of sanctuary and support for you.

We appreciate you just as you are, and we see hear & see you @Hyperballad 💗

Please know we are here to support you. However, if you feel you need immediate support, please reach out to:
Lifeline 13 11 14 https://www.lifeline.org.au/ 
Lifeline Text Support 0477 131 114 https://www.lifeline.org.au/crisis-text/ 
Suicide Call Back Service 1300 659 467 
https://www.suicidecallbackservice.org.au/ 
If feeling unsafe, please contact 000

@Hyperballad

You have the right to exist. Does not matter if you have 0 to offer.

You do not have to justify your existence.

You have the right to be loved and respected.

Doesn’t matter where you are in 3 months or 3 years. Just be.

G

Hi @Hyperballad.  I'm sure I replied to this last night but it doesn't seem to be showing so i'm not sure what happened.

I know that feeling of not knowing where i'm going to be in 3 months... for very different reasons I'm sure, but I know the stress and uncertainty it brings.

I'm sure you do have something to offer, and i'm sure your family feel that you already do.  I'm sure they appreciate it and care for you but maybe it's me, but I think people don't always tell us these things, they just sort of assume we know.  We develop these doubts and they build over time and slowly we start to see them as facts.

I think just being around and being there around the people in our lives and supporting them and even just being there for them, can be all we need to offer.  It took a serious health issue for me to finally discover some things that I was passionate about and this years I've started to work towards them.  This has resulted in a new found feeling of knowing that I am doing something to help others and myself at the same time.  I've found my self connected to more people than ever before.  Not a huge list, but for me... a massive improvement.  I didn't change it on my own though, I first realised I needed help and support from people including professionals and reached out for the first time in my life (so wasn't easy at all!) and slowly started to feel like I was doing something important which helped my mental state so much.

Look after yourself and be kind to yourself.

Hi @Hyperballad 

You are wonderful, your writing, your voice is wonderful. The world needs you. More than you know 💜