Skip to main content
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Good News Channel

Thank you for sharing @frog, I really love this – it's a great reminder for those of us in the community who struggle with the largely unattainable goal of perfection (guilty over here!).

I love it @frog

Love it @frog …. 💚👍

@frog wrote:

The pursuit of perfection is damaging to our health; we’re better off embracing being ordinary Would-we-be-happier-if-we-embraced-being-average?

@frog  I really agree with this! I'm happier since I lowered my standards on everything, like keeping my house neat (I can't manage the house), achieving things, etc. My MIs made me lower my standards, and so I couldn't 'do' perfectionism any more. I still have a little bit of it in my volunteer job, but luckily I don't tend to beat myself up too badly these days for mistakes...just a little bit. 

Hi everyone.

I recently posted about the Right to Repair. Here's a follow up:

Introducing-fixing-factories-where-you-take-electronic-waste-for-repair/ 

@NatureLover @Faith-and-Hope @MDT @Former-Member @Gwynn @cloudcore @Snowie @Adge @Eve7 @Former-Member  and the whole gang...please tag anyone who might appreciate some positive news!

Hi all
Oh how the news is getting me down atm. Anyone with some positive stories, please post!
I read about an heap of creative solutions to plastic pollution in Africa:
People are turning the stuff into house bricks, designer textiles, cooking fuel and more. Such innovations are being celebrated by the Afri-Plastic Challenge, which announced its shortlist this week. The prize was launched to help entrepreneurs in sub-Saharan Africa scale up their response to plastic pollution.

In the running is a Nigerian project that turns plastic waste into designer textiles; a buy-back scheme in Kenya that helps women earn money through plastic recycling; and a Rwandan project that turns plastic waste into school benches. The prize will also offer dozens of grants to startups with scalable ideas.

@NatureLover @Faith-and-Hope @MDT @Former-Member @Gwynn @cloudcore @Snowie @Adge @Eve7 @Former-Member and the whole gang...

7DAF2114-29F3-4B31-895D-57043533EB15.jpeg

 great post @frog  💚💚

Ahhh @frog  We have the same idea about what constitutes positive news ...

lotsa permaculture  projects ....eg

https://www.permaculturenews.org/2015/10/29/the-african-permaculture-movement/ 

Thanks @Eve7 @Appleblossom for your replies.

Hello @NatureLover @Faith-and-Hope @MDT @StuF @Snowie @Former-Member @Shaz51 @Adge and all forumites.

I really like the following story because this artist reminds me to look for positives in the ordinary:

People-watcher-artist-everyday-scenes 

I am struggling with anxiety for a number of reasons, including mainstream news media and social media. I also feel like I can't make a difference in the face of overwhelming suffering and, dare I say it, evil. My only solution atm is switching off, or at least taking breaks from it, but hope this article might help someone:

How-to-cope-with-bad-news

hey @frog
Moight have a read of that. Got some bad news today - well more challenging news I guess

Not the best here atm