Skip to main content

Re: Good News Channel

A woman's had her baby in hospital with her seizure dog watching over her: https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2021/dec/23/uk-woman-delivers-baby-in-hospital-with-birth-d...
Former-Member
Not applicable

@Appleblossom oh my, I hadn't heard of this! It's like yarn bombing, but with plants. Right on! 😀

This is Hilarious - Yet Oh So True....

I just Had to Share it -

"Wow what a year it has been...every emotion has been touched 🙂😫🥺😔😁😡🤬😳😂🤮🙏 and yet here we are still with so many questions unanswered.

It's almost 2022, I'm 64 years old and I still have so many unanswered questions!!!! I haven’t found out who let the dogs out...where’s the beef...how to get to Sesame Street or San Jose... why Dora doesn’t just use Google Maps...Why do all flavors of fruit loops taste exactly the same, or how many licks does it take to get to the center of a chuppa chupp......why eggs are packaged in a flimsy carton, but batteries are secured in plastic that’s tough as nails... why “abbreviated” is such a long word; or why is there a D in ‘fridge’ but not in refrigerator... why lemon juice is made with artificial flavor yet dish-washing liquid is made with real lemons..... and, why do you have to “put your two cents in” but it’s only a “penny for your thoughts” where’s that extra penny going to... why does The Alphabet Song and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star have the same tune... why did you just try to sing those two previous songs... and just what exactly is Victoria’s secret? and where is Wally?...
Have a happy New Year and here's to a great 2022"

Adge

Hi everyone

I read about the right to repair movement recently. Being forced to buy new stuff unnecessarily is one of my bug bears, so I'm hoping this idea grows and goes global:

The movement to make electronic goods easier to repair advanced in 2021. The EU led the way, introducing pioneering right to repair legislation in March. It obliges makers of washing machines, televisions and other electronic goods to ensure that their products can be easily repaired – and that spare parts are available.

The UK followed suit in July with its own right to repair law. Meanwhile, Apple bowed to pressure and agreed to make parts and tools available for people to fix their own phones. (For some models only, mind).

All of which could be good news for the economy. A report in August estimated that 450,000 jobs could be supported by the repair industry in the UK alone.

Reduce, Reuse, Repair and Recycle - 4R Mantra of medical equipment waste  management! | Primedeq-Blog

@Snowie @Judi9877 

@ShiningStar @Appleblossom @MIFANTCARER @cloudcore @pinklollipop15 @Shaz51 @The-Hams @greenpea @Faith-and-Hope @NatureLover @BPDSurvivor @outlander @Adge @Teej @eth @CheerBear @utopia @Zoe7 @Eve7 @Meowmy @soul @Sans911 @TAB @Former-Member ...

Please tag anyone who could use some good news!

Former-Member
Not applicable

This is amazing news @frog, thank you for sharing. Like you, I'm becoming increasingly concerned by the manner in which consumers are being led to consume as big ticket items seem to have a shortening life span. This runs the spectrum from fast fashion to lounges, televisions, dryers and cars. It's wonderful to hear there is a movement tackling this issue as it's worrying from an environmental standpoint, but it also creates equity issues.

Stranded dog saved from rising tide after rescuers attach sausage to drone

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2022/jan/20/stranded-dog-saved-from-drowning-after-rescuers...

Hi all

This really rings true for me. It's a short piece. Basically: The pursuit of perfection is damaging to our health; we’re better off embracing being ordinary Would-we-be-happier-if-we-embraced-being-average?

@Gwynn @Former-Member @Adge @Appleblossom @cloudcore @NatureLover @Eve7 @TAB @MDT @Shaz51 @Judi9877 @Snowie @greenpea @Faith-and-Hope ... and the whole gang!