Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Good Morning!

Hello @SmilingGecko - I am a coeliac so this post is speaking to me 100%!

I am very intrigued by your protein bread, please do let us know how you go with it. I love that you bake your own breads - this is one of my personal goals for this year - to bake more! (Especially because it's difficult/expensive to buy GF goods when I am out!)

Yes @PizzaMondo I dont have coeliacs but am gluten intolerant so avoid gluten. I will let you know how I go with baking the red lentil bread. I have seen videos on you tube it looks easy enough. Will provide a recipe for you now:

Healthy bread without flour.
Quick recipe Ingredients:
3/4 cup dry lentils (160 g) - ground in a coffee grinder
1 glass of water
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 eggs
Salt
1 teaspoon of soda
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
40 g psyllium seeds
30 g pumpkin seeds
30 g sunflower seeds

It looks like this when baked:
<image>

Screenshot 2024-02-12 at 3.14.33 pm.png

Mit gesundem Brot ohne Mehl kann man 100 Jahre leben. Schnelles Rezept ohne Einweichen der Linsen Hallo, meine geliebten Abonnenten und Zuschauer! Genieße das Zusehen! Rezept und Zutaten: 3/4 Tasse Linsen 160 g. in einer Kaffeemühle mahlen. woher sind Sie? schreibe in die Kommentare. Ich liebe ...

Thank you @SmilingGecko for sharing this with me! I look forward to checking it out.

Since avoiding gluten due to your intolerance, do you feel better? I know I can definitely feel/see the difference, from less bloating as an obvious sign, to less brain fog too!

You are so welcome @PizzaMondo! I've been gluten free for many years now and never looked back. The most significant was the reduction of mental illness episodes.

If you look up the link between MI and gluten you will find medical studies that seem to suggest there is a correlation between MI and ingestion of gluten. Also insomnia.

I think the site I saw this information on was Pubmed.  They have thousands of medical studies of the link between gluten and disease on that site @PizzaMondo.

But its so hard eating out. I get it. I no longer go to cafes even if they have gluten free options as its just so expensive now. There was a gluten free cafe up the road but with covid they no longer stocked things like healthy pies with salads. I used to love going there.

Anyway this red lentil bread should be really interesting. I bought a whole barrel of gluten free red lentils over a year ago and intend to use them now. I do know McKenzies red lentils from the supermarket have traces of gluten. I've shelved the lentil bread project for a while but I am going to give it a try soon! Stay tuned! lol

Yes, isn't it absolutely amazing how much food and what we literally put into our body can react and digest and do all sorts of things to contribute to our mental health and wellbeing?! I have researched quite widely and have learned also about neurodivergent folk more susceptible to issues with not only sensory/food intake, but digestion, skin issues, etc all related to MH and what we literally put in our body and our how brains are wired too.

Fascinating stuff @SmilingGecko !

I agree, going out to eat is so expensive, even more so these days.. but hey, thanks for the heads up about the lentils not being 100% GF... I will have to double check these things now.. I miss oats, and the one brand I can find near me that is 100% GF is so expensive 😞

PizzaMondo.. here and staying tuned to hear about lentil bread project in some weeks to come 😛

@PizzaMondo @SmilingGecko 

Thanks for sharing the bread recipe @SmilingGecko I screenshot it and sent it to my support worker who is GF. It makes me want to go buy the spice grinder I wanted for my birthday and make it for her. By the sounds of it I need to be careful what lentils I buy. 

Meggle

They do have brands that limit gluten but don't totally eliminate it I was led to believe @PizzaMondo 

Please check out this article:

https://www.gfpantry.com/blogs/gluten-free-tips/are-oats-gluten-free?_pos=1&_sid=a93b9fc5f&_ss=r

Where do you buy your oats if you don't mind me asking? I will look into it. I buy mine overseas from amazon in bulk.  Bobs Red Mill Oats used to be gluten free but he got caught up in a legal wrangle several years ago when they found gluten free molecules in his oat brand. Amazon is pretty good but I'm keen to hear where you source your from as I would like to reduce costs. 

With my dry red gluten free lentils I buy buckets of them direct from the Rosevale farm from their online shop. You can buy in packets or buckets.

https://rosevalelentils.com.au/

Screenshot 2024-02-12 at 6.01.53 pm.png

Yes @Oaktree (Meggle) you have to read labels unfortunately.

I went into a chemist and was told even if it said on the back of supplements "no added gluten" it does not mean theres no gluten in it.

It means it might allready have gluten in it with no gluten added to it! 

Coeliacs and gluten sensitive folk have to be so careful.  I never thought much of it but found out the hard way.

Also if you read the labels and it says "traces of gluten" don't buy.

If it says gluten free and no traces of gluten its ok.

But I have to check all the labels these days.

You could have a cookup day with your support worker if she is open to the idea.

I just have a coffee grinder which I use to grind things like fennel seeds so I can make a fennel tea.

Shouod do
On my list which is always growing tbh @TAB

so long as youre getting stuff done  @MDT 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance