Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Far and Away

Still looking to get to Tassie @Zoe7 .  Just coming out of a cold atm :face_with_rolling_eyes:.  I don’t get sick often, so shouldn’t complain 😏.

Kids’ friends are in the north-east.  I am looking to take my car, and it will be a drive to reach them.  It’s only for a weekend, but if all goes well I am hoping it can be a semi-regular thing when I am in the east.  Would love to drive down to see Port Arthur, but that will have to be another, longer time.  Just dipping a toe in the water, if all goes well.  Hoping none of the baby dragons come down with my cold.

Sorry to hear you have been unwell @Faith-and-Hope 😿 I hope your recovery is quick Hon.

I have family in the North East of the state but we do not see them much. We used to visit for Christmas but since my Nan passed away (and Mum and Dad getting much older), we cannot do the drive up and back in a day. 

Thank you for your well-wishes @Zoe7 ♥️

It’s the same - I can’t drive down to Port Arthur and back in a day, particularly as there is already a substantial drive from the ferry to where we will be staying, but I am taking notes for future trips 😏 and I expect all the baby dragons will be interested in coming by degrees.  We have missed these sort of excursions from our overseas travels, so now it is time to explore these shores ❣️

Technically you will still be going 'over seas' LOL @Faith-and-Hope 

It would take half a day to travel to Port Arthur from the North East so you really need to have a night somewhere closer. We have so many beautiful places down here so day/night trips with your baby dragons at different times would be lovely. 

Spent the morning/early afternoon in emergency with a hand injury @Faith-and-Hope All fixed (for now) but am restricted with what I can do so an afternoon on the couch.

Ouch @Zoe7 ….. 😔♥️

I fell in the rain yesterday.  D3 covered me in ice packs and I slept for a while.  Hopefully no real damage done.

Lol - yes, our new “overseas” …..

Oh dear @Faith-and-Hope I hope you have no real damage Hon 😮 No doubt you will be a bit sore though. I had a few s##ches but it isn't too bad tonight - pain killers helping a little. Luckily I can do a lot of things with my other hand but writing won't be happening for a while.

♥️🦋 @Zoe7 

@Faith-and-Hope It has been a challenging week juggling work and my hand but I got through. The kids and my colleagues have been a great help so I am very fortunate. Plenty of rest today but I also did a little painting - luckily I can use both hands for that so avoided the injured hand. I have a lot of work to do but that also means some writing - and that is not the easiest at present so being very careful (and slow). How are you, your baby dragons and fur baby?

Love that you have been painting @Zoe7 ❣️

I was playing mini golf with my eastern dragons this week - one clocked over another year - and I love that I can switch hands with the putter, lol, but they can too 😆

Currently in the apple isle.  An error in communication with bd’s friends means that we are now in the south-east.  I lost $ on an accommodation booking I made in the north of the state, unfortunately, because we woke up to the error a bit late, but D2 and I are staying in a beautiful historical building that used to be a school for the deaf and blind ….. quite ironic considering D2’s disabilities, wouldn’t you say ?  Have taken some photos for Instagram …..  

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance