Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovery Club

Re: ~ The Toolshed ~

@Mustang67 It’s so pretty 🤩 You did GOOD! 👏🏼

G

Awww thanks @Glisten, but really the AI did all the work. I just typed in the quote. I love butterflies, so I always try to use them whenever I can.

@Mustang67 your name means classic muscle 💪🏼 car LOL

It must be lovely to have a name that means butterfly 🦋 

G

@Glisten is that giving too much away? Probably. I have just edited the post.

And yes my name does mean classic muscle car. I absolutely love muscle cars. Especially the Ford muscle cars.

@Shaz51 @Jynx @Mustang67 @Glisten @TAB @Alice10 @tyme 

bloody hell i am still re-aligning my chakras since the cyclone winds over melbs earlier this week.  is that what a cyclone sounds like?  i am sleep deprived and not very focused.  But do I have something to share? why yes, yes I do.

Never Again

scruffypuffball_0-1725676155475.png

scruffypuffball_1-1725676300193.png

scruffypuffball_2-1725676316252.png

God I miss him

scruffypuffball_3-1725676349854.png

It's called pathocracy:

scruffypuffball_4-1725676390013.png

Toxic people, (narcs, psychopaths) become more unhinged as time goes on.  Even in politics.  They always de-compensate which means they return back to their baseline abusive state.  (To "compensate" means they behave themselves for a short while to get approval from people/systems.  Once they have power the veneer of civility flies away and you see their true intentions)  They always get found out as they overplay their hand:

scruffypuffball_5-1725676480860.png

And the decay of workplaces, churches, families etc etc...

scruffypuffball_6-1725676510381.png

scruffypuffball_7-1725676592817.png

scruffypuffball_8-1725676607645.png

scruffypuffball_9-1725676627684.png

People think recovery is painless, you have to work through those negative emotions to come out the other side.

scruffypuffball_10-1725676651262.png

scruffypuffball_11-1725676699852.png

This reminds me of abuse.  The nervous system is similar.  It is not like a muscle.  If you expose yourself to abuse, it does so much damage and disregulation, you spend decades trying to recover and you are never quite the same.  Just like your body has to recover after an infection, your nervous system has to recover from abuse.  Do not recommend.  Hardship/abuse does NOT build character goddamit.  You have to rebuild yourself after the damage.  I hate those a$$holes who say that as it is not true.

scruffypuffball_15-1725677145285.png

scruffypuffball_14-1725677077769.png

scruffypuffball_16-1725677426375.png

@scruffypuffball I missed you and your posts.

Dr Glenn nails it everytime doesn’t he.

Awesome stuff.

G

@Glisten  aww thanks.  i miss posting too but a co-worker lost him mum to stroke. happened suddenly and we are short staffed so I am busy with work and family issues and everything is overwhelming.  I will try and stick my head out occasionally.

@scruffypuffball you work in a small team? What do you do for a job?

Family always comes first.

G

@Glisten . Clerical work. I wish i had carpentry skills like you though.  Dad built houses when he was younger, i regret not spending more time with him and learning.

I havent had dinner yet i need to eat 😋

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

For urgent assistance