Skip to main content

Re: Lets see your pets

@MJG017 none of my animals have wanted to go under the covers. But if I am lying on my back, she will plop herself down right on my chest. And if I am on my side, she will lie along my arm and put her head on my shoulder.

20180726_112526.jpg

Currently my cat is at my mum's, so she has been doing the same to her, as she is grieving the loss of my dad. 

I am glad that Cindy is giving my mum some comfort, but she probably weighs 6+kgs and mum is getting frail, so sometimes, mum has to move her. I love the way she just plops herself down anywhere.

20180625_134752.jpg                20190221_115656.jpgCindy.jpg          received_2160147984292857.jpeg20190401_164503.jpg               20190715_140744.jpg

@Mustang67They are family... you never forget them do you.

@Mustang67It's so nice that she is supporting your mum.  What a beautiful cat.  Out youngest, Ryker, was just over 10Kg!  The vet put him on a diet so he's much more energetic now which is good.  It was weird, we fed both of them the same, one was 10Kg, the other was 4kg.  Plus when we got Ryker as a kitten he was TINY.  I have a photo somewhere, I'll post one if I can find it... probably on an old phone. 

@MJG017 No you don't forget them. I had a tortoiseshell cat as a child, and she also was an excellent cat. I used to sleep on the top of bunk beds, and every morning she would come up top with me and I would feed her bits of vegemite on toast. She was so affectionate, and to this day I still miss her.

But most of all I really miss Russell. But at least being with my mum, I can visit his burial site in her garden, 

We have buried 40 years worth of various animal in mum's yards, so it will be interest when they go to dig it up to put units or town houses on there. LOL

@MJG017 Because I lived with the breeders, they only fed their animals top quality dry food and raw kangaroo mince for the cats. So I have kept that diet up, but apparently too much kangaroo mince will stack the weight on, as it is pure protein. I usually by 2ks worth and then sit there and divide it into bags of 50g, so she doesn't get overfed when I am not there.

@tyme what do you feed your spiney leaf insect, and is it just the one that you have?

Eucalyptus leaves @Mustang67 .I have a tree at the front of my house.

Do you have a spiney leaf insect too?

Hi @tyme, no I don't have a spiney leaf insect. But I have always found them fascinating.

How many do you have? I assume more than one, since eggs were laid.

I have a few @Mustang67 . Don't even know how many. 

Actually, did you know they don't need to mate to lay eggs?

The female lays eggs and the eggs hatch but that means they are all females. They are parthenogenetic. They don't need a mate. They simply make a clone of themselves.

Wow @tyme that is interesting.

I love learning new things about the world.