Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Raising Awareness of BPD - Flipping the Script

Hi @BPDSurvivor @BlueBay @Shaz51 @Deadpool @New2BPD @Daisy16 and everyone here. Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful insight about BPD @BPDSurvivor . I very much appreciate it as you have given me knowledge about the condition that I have that I didn't know so a huge thank you😊👍!

I had a BPD moment last week when I was really angry yet instead of verbalising it- the time was like 5am!- I chose to get my cross stitch stuff out and start working on a new freehand design. I found that it helped me calm down and I felt safe yet productive as well. I was even quite proud of myself because I was taking my anger out on something that I enjoyed and it really was helpful. I find that anger is an issue with me as I tend to hold it in and let things get to me but eventually the slightest little thing sets me off and it all comes out. I can't afford private health or therapy so I'm trying to get referred to Spectrum for help here in Melbourne. I've also been to PARCs a few times and I'm on a waiting list to get in again so hopefully that will be soon as I do know that helps me to get away and deal with my issues.

Thanks everyone for sharing your stories. Stay safe.

Judi9877

Thanks for sharing @Judi9877 ,

I understand you are probably busy, but if you feel able, you are more than welcome to share your BPD experiences here with us. No pressure though.

@Judi9877 , I certainly hope you get into PARCs. My PARC stays were generally very planned. I knew exactly what I wanted from my stays so I could articulate that to my key workers and work towards it. I do believe PARCs was a turning point for me. It made a huge difference, away from the rigidity of hospitalisation.

Im not sure if you are aware, but within the mental health system (in Vic - not sure about other states), you can create an 'Advance Statement'. They are relatively new but can play a huge part in your care. My advance statement clearly states PARCs is a preferred support for risk minimisation over hospitalisation. My advance statement allows allows me to have a say about my treating team and who I want/don't want. This may be beneficial to you and anyone else reading. From experience, my Advance statement has been very useful for when I have been unwell. 

https://www2.health.vic.gov.au/mental-health/practice-and-service-quality/mental-health-act-2014-han... 

All the best!

BPDSurvivor

@Deadpool @New2BPD @BlueBay @Shaz51 

hello and hugs @BPDSurvivor@Judi9877@BlueBay@Deadpool@New2BPD Heart

you are soo awesome my @BPDSurvivor Heart

Wow my darling sister @BlueBay , walking with you xx

Hi Everyone,

I just want to share The BPD Advocate Spring 2020 Newsletter.

@BlueBay and @Judi9877 , I'd especially like to draw your attention to the segment on MBT (mentalisation based therapy) as I completed 18 months of MBT and found subtle but immense changes:

https://bpdfoundation.org.au/newsletter.php 

Happy reading! I'd be happy to open up this forum to any thoughts, questions, ideas etc. about the publication's content.

BPDSurvivor

Hi did I see that your have a social media group ?

Hey Jacaranda84, it is great to see the support on the forums. I do want to point out that due to the anonymity guideline, members cannot share their personal or personal social media support pages, but organisations may have support pages through social media.

Warm regards, SRae

hello and welcome to the forum @Jacaranda84 Heart

how are you going today my friend 

come and say hello to @BPDSurvivor@Judi9877@BlueBay HeartHeart

Hey ..

it's been a few crazy weeks !! I am just new to the bpd life... so much to learn and find out 

I'm struggling really bad even though I'm on some medication for it ..

sometimes I don't know where to turn and it all is to much ..

I really want to make some friends or people who are dealing with the same things .. I'm a pretty positive person and want to be an advocate 

Hi @Jacaranda84 ,

Welcome, welcome, welcome to our BPD thread here! I'm so happy to hear you want to be an advocate for a highly-stigmatised disorder.

Surrounding social media, as @Former-Member mentioned, we don't share personal accounts. Not that I have an account to share! For my sanity and mental health's sake, I do not have any personal social media accounts. I wanted to move on in life, and not look at everybody else's highlighted and spiced up life. As far as I was concerned, social media posts was not reality. As a borderline, Im not sure if you ever feel bouts of jealousy - I certainly did, and social media did not help.

Anyway, @Jacaranda84 , I'm so glad you have found us. Please feel free to share your story, questions, wonderings, and vents.

Ive been through, and continue to travel, a long and tumultuous BPD journey. It has been and continues to be such a rich, rewarding, satisfying awakening.

I hope to continue riding out the BPD waves with a network of support people on these forums - including you.

Take care,

BPDSurvivor

Hi fellow-friends,

If only people knew our BPD secrets! Please watch!

Secrets of people who live with BPD 

@Jacaranda84 @Shaz51 @Judi9877 @BlueBay 

BPDSurvivor

CA4094C1-12C3-4493-B457-C1B48B211E58.jpeg

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance