Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Raising Awareness of BPD - Flipping the Script

we are all love you input and where and sad we’re you went around truely miss our love by many and many 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👏👏👏👏👏👏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲😄Henry has come home weeeeeeeee partttttttuyyyyyyy timne Thankyou so much Fromm all all0 F off 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

That is an incredible story of hope @Ferylgirl .

It is something the world needs to hear more of, especially considering how stigmatised BPD is.

Your journey has many similarities to mine.

Today, I can truly say that I am so grateful for my diagnosis and I always long to connect with others with BPD.

BPDSurvivor

Welcome back @HenryX !

Hi @BPDSurvivor 

Thanks for your response. 

I think it is very important to let people know there is hope. I remember the times when I felt all was lost for me. Hope keeps people going. 

I'm grateful for my diagnosis, it has helped me find the right kind of help. 

Part of the problem with the stigma around all mental health is because when people go to find info on any mental health disorder they find a list of signs and symptoms, but not information about how people with these conditions can live good quality lives. (All lives are valuable). Paired with a history of 'insane asylums' where people with mental health conditions were often and usually locked away from the general community, segregated and unknown, left to rot. Also popular culture, media, books, movies etc using mental health conditions as tools in stories to explain evil acts. Correlating mental health with evil has always been a source of stigma.

Language that is often used in everyday life around mental health labels can only change when there is legislation to force change and that legislation is enforced. 

regards

So true @Ferylgirl .

Have you looked into the events and resources for BPD Awareness Week? It’s not until October, but you can share you story there too.

This year’s theme is “See the Person”.

Heres the link to other links:

https://www.bpdfoundation.org.au/bpd-awareness-week.php

Once again, thank you for sharing your story of hope.

BPDSurvivor

Hi everyone, how’s the BPD life treating you?

@Ferylgirl @yoyoyomomomo @Farmboy @Maybe1 @PeteC @Jillaroo

Sorry I haven’t been around much. Looking forward to reconnecting with you all.

BPDSurvivor

I always have a fair bit going on, today had a trip to a police station to identify people on some footage that was taken when we had a home invasion a few months ago, then off to the doctors for a flu shot and to the chemist to pick up my medication.

Yesterday a dr appt, for a rash, then a visit with my mental health worker.

seriously wanting to eat at the moment and don't want to have to make something. LOL.. Want to sleep and wont sleep while hungry. Arghhh, someone needs to come and feed me.. 

It is too cold and too much rain around, my arthritic joints (all of my joints) are aching like crazy. 

So yeah I am on my usual up, down round and round lifestyle.

Cheers!

Thanks, checking out the links now.

Hi @Hibiscus1 ,

Browsing from the beginning of this discussion may also give up more insight into the ins and outs of BPD Raising Awareness of BPD - Flipping the Script .

Im guessing you reside in SA?

BPDSurvivor

Dear @Ferylgirl @LostOne71 @MsManaged @Judi9877 @Rosemary4 @Gem17 @Kbomb @Hibiscus1 @yoyoyomomomo @Farmboy @Maybe1 @PeteC @Jillaroo and anyone else passing this way ,

Here are some BPD groups/sessions you can look at attending if you are interested:

Project Air

https://documents.uow.edu.au/content/groups/public/@web/@project-air/documents/doc/uow272098.pdf 

DBT Art Therapy

https://livingartstherapy.com/dbt-art-therapy-skills-program/

BPD Psychoeducation

https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/online-psychoeducation-session-for-individuals-recently-diagnosed-wi...

Hold on to hope. BPD is very treatable. 

BPDSurvivor

Thank you for sharing. I’ll share these with our two children who have recently been diagnosed. Thank you 🙏🏼 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance