Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Molly22
Senior Contributor

Opinions wanted....

Bee.jpg

The other day I had an image I had taken removed from a post due to it containing my watermark logo.  I am a professional photographer and I actually gave up posting my work to any form of social media due to it being used without permission too many times.  Since this is my only form of income, you can understand my desire to protect my intellectual property.  Every image I have uploaded here so far has contained my logo, however this time I didn't do a good job of discreetly hiding it, and so it got removed.

Since then I have been working with the moderators to come up with a solution that will allow me to share, what is such a huge and important part of my life, and still honour the guidelines of the forum.  I suggested that I could screenshot my work directly from one of my outlets, being iStock, and since it is plastered with the iStock logo, the chances of anyone using it without permission are greatly reduced.  

I personally find it an ugly way to share my work.  The iStock logo's plastered all over it can make it hard to appreciate the actual subject matter.  And so I ask for your honest opinion.  Is it still worth me sharing in this way?  Photography is not only what I do, but who I am, and I can't imagine being here without sharing from time to time.  Please let me know what you think.

15 REPLIES 15

Re: Opinions wanted....

Hey there @Molly22, it's not the best solution with all those watermarks is it 😞 Bear with us while we work to find a solution. I personally love your photography and understand it's such a big part of you.

Rhye ✌️

@Rhye  God I'm thick sometimes.  I don't know what I didn't think of this before.  Apart from photography I dabble in graphic design.  I have designed most of my professional logo's over the years and even done some work for other.  I can just make a new logo for "molly22".  DUH!!!!!!!    Don't know how I didn't see that before.  Just got a lot going on right now!!  This is actually not an easy time for me by any stretch.  But there really isn't any reason I can't just invent a new logo specifically for this forum. 

Brilliant solution @Molly22 !! Love your thinking outside the box on this one. 

With all you've got going on, please go gently and take your time in creating a logo that works for you. So excited to see what you come up with 💙

I like it. I also like that you're all working on solutions together. I also also like it when people ask for opinions.

I have a lot of similar issues with how to share my art side while staying anonymous. I guess now we know how Banksy must feel sometimes.

Brilliant solution @Molly22 , yaaaaaa xoxo

@Shaz51 @wellwellwellnez @Rhye 

This is what I have come up with so far.  Since my name comes from my cat, and very best friend in the entire world, I thought this was appropriate. Won't always have it be so large in the pic, but just wanted to show it off this first time. 😉

other bee.jpg

Hey @Molly22 !

What a great idea! I agree with @Rhye - your photography is ....WOW! I don't know how else to describe it.

I can see how much your photography means to you in that it is part of your identity.

Great work on your problem-solving @Molly22  - something to definitely celebrate. I sure hope to see more of your photography in posts to come.

Take Care,

tyme

Aw @Molly22, this reads as a beautiful pairing of some of the things you've identified as important to you – your creativity, your photography, your cat, and your self identity. I honestly love it, and it compliments your photographic work too. So wonderful to see! Are you happy with it?

@Rhye It was done rather hastily last night and so it's not perfect and I dare say I will tweak it a wee bit, but overall happy with the concept.  As you said, it does marry several very important aspects of my life together, so that is pretty awesome. 

It's not always easy for autistic people to express themselves through 'normal' channels, so creativity is definitely one way be that writing, photography, design, or whatever.  Thanks for your support through this journey.

@tyme I'm so glad you like my work.  Will definitely share more of it as time goes by and the occasions rise.  I do appreciate the lovely comment.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance