Skip to main content

Re: Is my psychologist right?...

That is so good to hear @MJG017  - it must be wonderful to learn you and your mum are victims of a cruel system that has wrecked so many lives and that you have realised that she didn't give you up willingly I read about that today too and also have good news

I went back to the Forced Adoption website and found a phone number for anyone who was affected by a Forced Adoption and I as I am an adoptive mother I am entitled to 6-8 sessions with a counsellor.

This is an incredible coincidence. You had not thought your mother wanted to keep you until yesterday and I had not known about the term Forced Adoption until yesterday and also - I hadn't known the adoptive mother/father could be entitled to help.

I am so glad you had a good day - and now - all of us know more - we are innocent victims of a terrible crime and we can all work on that.

Yes - it was a good day - I never knew about those changes in adoption issues until I read the website more carefully. I Would not have realised this had you not brought it up

You and I can both move forward now - and I am sure you will find this more helpful to your life experience. I know I will.

Your mother can't though - but then - we have no knowledge of what people know of their loved ones - I am so pleased for you especially

You are 54 - my son would be 54 now too

Excellent

Owlunar