Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A Life of Trauma and Tragedy (Possibly Triggering Content)

.. Good To hear @Emelia8  glad you found somewhere

Hi @Emelia8 

Thanks for the update.

So glad to hear that you have found a house. Hopefully you can get settled in quickly.

It sounds like your rehab is going good and you are of the strong pain killers.

I don't think we ever recover from our mh. I think we just learn strategies to cope with it. It sounds like your psych really helped you through some difficult times.

Once again, thanks for the update. So pleased to hear from you 💕

Hi @Emelia8  so lovely to hear from you and to read how you have been doing. I am so glad to read that your body has continued to heal well from the surgery you had and that you have been able to get to a  point of being off your heavy duty pain medications. 
and yay for your new house! How exciting! I hope it ticked all the boxes for you and I also hope that you the moving process goes well for you and you find the perfect furbaby 🐶

sorry your mental health continues to be a struggle though 😞 it’s never an easy fix eh? But sounds like you have some good supports around you. 

please take care x

@Emelia8 

Relieved to hear your operation and rehab are going well even if it will take a bit more time to gain the full benefits. At least down to reasonable prn. Slowly slowly hey!

Congrats on house. Its always a big deal and a lot of work, but also worth it. I am doing car looking and in the middle of plumbing saga in main bathroom.

Mental health, anniversaries and loss are such huge parts of life. Normal parts of life. Mixed feelings, memories all of it.  It will be great when you are settled enough to get a dog.

Love Apple

its really good to hear from you @Emelia8 and im really glad there is alot of positive news in there despite the ptsd symptoms making life abit harder then it needs to be.

great to hear youve found a new house and looking at adopting a new member of the family. that sounds like something to look forward to

Thank you so much for the update @Emelia8 

I am thrilled that you will be settling on your new home soon. That must feel good as would the thought of a rescue puppy.

it has been a long two years (and more) for you with trauma, surgery and grief as well as house hunting! You have ticked off all the big stress boxes and you deserve much admiration for coming through it all.

I really pray the next years of your life bring peace, health, happiness and companionship.

Lots of love

🌻💕💚💕🌻

@Emelia8 

Wow Em - it's two years since your husband died - I remember reading about that - it seems less time than that - I was in this same chair writing on this same table with the same computer. Two years - and you have lived every day of that - and so much more.

You have posted now and put us all in touch with how you are going - I took about 9 months out when my uncle died last year - he was my best friend - the big brother I never had - he wasn't much older than me - so I understand - it takes time to recover from a loss.

You have done a lot of rehab with your spine - well done - that is not an easy path - it was something you had to go through and now the pain is so much less - that is fantastic news.

My daughter is still recovering from her spinal fusion - she doesn't like to share much so I don't know how she is feeling right now. I leave her to herself about it as that's what she seems to want - though I find that tough. I am just glad to hear you are doing so much better yourself

I still have PTDS from events in the past - it doesn't disrupt my daily life much - it can haunt me at times - I am seeing a psychologist at the moment and it's helping - I spilt very hot coffee on my arm a few weeks ago - it's still healing - I had two weeks in hospital - it was too hard to manage at home alone with two painful injuries in my left arm - the whole issue with the pain and the hospital - the temporary disability - and more - just piled up and the PTSD came back - so you are right - it doesn't go away - I feel okay now though

That's great you are buying a new house and making a new start and planning to rescue a dog - that's such good news.

I have been thinking about you - I haven't been posting much often because my shoulder plays up when I type long messages - that's improving too. I will be on highly restricted medication for it and will be for the duration I think because surgery is contraindicated.

I am sending my best thoughts

Owlunar

Soo lovely to hear from you @Emelia8 

Thank you for your update xxx

Hugs ❤️ and sitting with you everyday 

I was so pleased to read this yesterday in my email notifications @Emelia8 ! Wow - at long last your pain has eased significantly! Am so delighted for you!

And congratulations on finding a house to buy, which was a pressure on your mind, I know. 

Am also so glad that you can see your psychologist weekly when needed, for your PTSD. Well done for getting through an incredibly difficult 2 years.

Sending 💜 and thank you for the update!

❤️❤️❤️ @Emelia8 

Lovely to hear from you.  Mixed news, to be sure, but it feels like you are gently progressing with finding a pathway forward.

Still struggling to with legal mess over here, but it’s par for the course with the kind I am dealing with.

Hugs n hugs Hon.  Keep swimming ….. 🐠🐠🐠

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance