Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A Life of Trauma and Tragedy (Possibly Triggering Content)

I'm glad your pain is bearable, @Emelia8 . Thinking of you with this trauma anniversary week... 💜

dear @Emelia8 ,

i have not not been around for quite a while, but I think of you. I am pleased that the second surgery has brought you some relief and you are doin rehab.

houses and moving are added stressors to all and this anniversary of your trauma must be very demanding. 

You remain in my thoughts and I send you care and friendship

peri

hello @Emelia8  thinking of you lots my friend xxx

@Emelia8  Concerned for you, you haven't been around for ages now...are you coping OK? 

hello @Emelia8 , was soo nice seeing you yesterday , hope you are ok xx

@outlander , @Sophia1 , @Peri , @NatureLover 

Happy birthday my awesome friend ❤️ @Emelia8 , thinking of you lots xxx

Missing you @Emelia8  and I hope you were able to celebrate your birthday 🥳 

You are often in my thoughts my sweet friend.

Lots of love

💕💚💕

@Emelia8 Thinking of you. You haven’t been around for a very long time. I hope that you are ok? If you have the energy and the words, would you give us an update if you could please?

💕💕💕

Thank you to those who have checked in with me since my most recent post way back at the end of February.  @Bow @Eve7 @Shaz51 @outlander @NatureLover @Peri @Sophia1 @BlueBay @tyme  

I really hadn't realised it had been so long since I was around!  My apologies my friends.  You deserve an update.

I am continuing to do post op rehab, twice a week.  One day of hydrotherapy and one day of pilates with my physiotherapist.  I am doing pretty well.  Pain levels are much reduced and I am now off all heavy duty pain killers and nerve pain meds.  Just take paracetamol as needed.  So that is a huge improvement.  I also had my 6-month post surgery spinal scans a few weeks ago, which were reviewed by my surgeon.  All the hardware in my spine is still intact and where it needs to be, and the bone grafts are healing pretty much as they should be at this stage.  I am still getting some nerve pain, but mild in comparison to pre surgery.  This is to be expected says the surgeon, given the extent of the pressure on the nerves and the time they were under so much pressure prior to surgery.  It should slowly resolve during the 12 months or more after surgery.  So overall, I am very happy with my physical health.

An update on my home situation.  I have finally found a house to buy!  At long last.  I am due to settle in 3 weeks time and move in 5 days after settlement.  I cannot wait.  And once I'm in and settled, I can then start to think about finding a rescue puppy to adopt.  But so much to do before then.  I get impatient with my to-do list, but so much of it I cannot do until much closer to the date of moving.  Then its all going to be a big rush.  But at least much of the packing is already done, with half my stuff still all packed up and waiting in storage.  So moving will be done of 2 days, day 1 from my current unit and day 2 from my storage container.  Hmmm, that will be interesting at the other end.  Thankfully I have heaps of garage space while I sort myself out.  Most of the boxes which are currently in storage, I can take my time to unpack.

Mentally I continue to struggle. I guess when you have PTSD, it never really goes away. The symptoms just give you a bit of a break from time to time before rearing their ugly head again to remind you that it "ain't goin' nowhere". I managed to get through my usual Feb/March tough times, with the help of my clinical psych who I was seeing weekly for a while.  April was also really difficult for me, as it marked the 2 year anniversary of my husband's death.  And also his birthday.  It was harder this year, I suppose because last year I was in the MHU of hospital, so was not alone.  This year I was on my own, except for the support of my psych who once again I was seeing often.  Now that I am doing better again though, I am back to seeing her only monthly, which I hope I can maintain. No time now for anything more than that anyway, between medical appointments and house and moving commitments coming up. 

I had a visit from my friend from the city last week, which was lovely.  She is such a lovely lady, and I wish we lived closer.  We speak regularly via text or phone, but its so nice to actually catch up in person for a few days.  So that was a boost.  

I'm not sure what else to update you with.  I do apologise for not posting sooner.  I just found that I was struggling too much back in February and was finding it too hard to talk about myself.  So thought it best to stay clear of here.  I have appreciated your posts to me though, appreciate your kind thoughts and the fact that you still care. 

I always read any posts I am tagged in and you probably see that I 'like' some of your posts on various threads when I have been around.  I still get around the forums regularly and check up on you all, because I care about you all a lot.  I just find it hard being here sometimes I guess.

Just tagging a few others who I have interacted with recently on other threads @TAB @Faith-and-Hope @Snowie @Owlunar @Clawde @Appleblossom 

Okay I must go.  Love to you all 💞

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance